Announcing AudioSEX Memorial subforum

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by SAiNT, Mar 9, 2016.

1. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

Just a quick explanation: i want to create this sub-forum for you, to post news about great people that past away from us, so we could discuss their achievements and remember them.

...and most of all, to remind ourselves that time is passing very fast. momento mori

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 19
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  3. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Do you mean *DEAD people* or just ex–members? :unsure:

4. Ziko

Ziko Guest

Just dead people

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

some people here have claimed they are dying.. many times !! :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. chippy33

chippy33 Kapellmeister

Musically many times.....

7. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    It's only fair the opening memorial be Sir George Martin.

EDIT:
    Memorial posts have accordingly been moved. Nice one, folks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. Sibyl

Sibyl Member

9. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

10. Impressive

Impressive Guest

On a serious note, if I'm inactive for more than a year, that's how you know I died. I'm here to stay for a while. Even if I hit it big, I will come back to discuss my experiences with (on a humorous note) shoving a hot air balloon in my ass and singing about sex, drugs, money, and death with a shitty auto-tuned voice via iZotope's T-Pain-in-the-ass Effect. :mates: :guru:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Makes perfect sense. With so many important figures in music passing away, a dedicated forum is just the place.

12. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

:unsure: Hm, EVERYONE is *important*!
    The so-called stars aren't better nor immortals, they're simply more exposed.
    One day we'll realize it & stop idealizing and gloryfing famous persons.
    In the end their lives, success and failures reflect also the actual societies...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

One thing you should know. I do not "idealize" anyone (except my father and mother). That being said, I think you're missing the point here. Billions upon billions of people have died throughout humankind's time on this planet. Ask yourself, out of these countless billions, how many have you heard of? How many of those billions that have passed away (aside from your family members) can you point to that have left a mark upon your memory? There are, and will continue to be, certain people passing through this very short journey called "Life" that have managed to ascend from the norm and have left their mark. Whether that person be a politician, actor, humanitarian, musician, philanthropist, etc. Sometimes (in our very short life) there are other humans that do things beyond others (you can call it luck, talent, etc). They touch and change countless lives. Everyone is not in a position to achieve that. The ability to alter the lives of complete strangers is simply not something everyone has within their grasps. Absolutely, each and everyone of us is special. No doubt about that. However, there are certain people who have special gifts (regardless of their field(s) of endeavor) that will always stand out above the rest. No, they are NOT "better" than any of us, but whether it be by "fate" or some other force, their access to the masses allows them the significant opportunity to leave an impact. Some call is "legacy". However, the fact they they are NOT immortal, is evident by their subsequent demises. In the end, my mother and father are the most important people in the universe (at least to my brothers, sisters and me), however, there is always room for others to leave a tangible and lasting affect upon my life -- especially as a struggling artist and musician.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

That can be, but let's view it all with a very critical eye:
    There's an immense injustice on this planet, some people who deserve(d) fame or success
    had to die in misery or live a life full of deprivation, while others "selected" ones or with
    the right connections grab and take all they can! If someone has *special gifts* as you say,
    i think those persons would prefer to live a full life in abundance and not accept imposed
    poverty which can be extremely limiting and dissatisfacting.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

15. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Actually, I do not disagree with much of what you say. However, I do not begrudge the few that have been 'lucky' and (very fortunate) to have emerged from billions of others on this planet and attained 'momentary' mass recognition. (Our life-spans are but a mere flash when compared to the almost infinite existence of the Universe). There is no doubt, whatsoever, that there are now, and have been, millions of people (very talented people) who have and never will, achieve even a mere modicum of success or acknowledgement for their hard-earned efforts. Unfortunately that is cruel reality. All we can do is to strive to be the best people we can be: sharing with our loved ones, and treating each other with respect and dignity. That is how I try to live out my own life. And everyone, regardless of status or station in this world, can strive to do that.