And yeah! New price for the AA Nebula!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Hooman.Leys, Jan 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Barmaley (covid edition)

Barmaley (covid edition) Kapellmeister

This is what happens when someone who cannot solve a Rubik's cube becomes a programmer. ))

2. Barmaley (covid edition)

Barmaley (covid edition) Kapellmeister

I think tomorrow after this thread he will raise the price by €100 again
    )))))))))))))

3. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Many jump on the aa wagon only to be disappointed and frustrated with their mixes because you have to know what you are doing in the first place, no matter which plugins you are using, algos or aa. I see it all the time.

4. Blu

Blu Producer

Right, for the same reason many people (including me many years ago) when trying Nebula will perceive an upgrade in sound quality from say an EQ because of the sampled hardware curves (engineered by people who knows which curves works "best") or the introduction of harmonic distortion when they were accostumed to the drawable curves non harmonic distorting eqs like fabfilter or stock EQs in which you have the freedom to overdo and not choose the best curves for the job. AA products have been my worst money spent in software ever but at least I learned something in the process. Developers like Toneboosters are the real gems in the industry. Straight to the point, efficient, low price and highest quality workhorse products. I use products from many developers including Waves/softube/PA/izotope/soundtoys etc... but for 70/80% of usual mixing work I could just use toneboosters and stock plugins and be happy.

5. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

1. just no. some acustica plugins and neb 3rd party programs sound great and offer sonic qualities that algo plugins can't offer. But, not always what is offered is what a track needs. Because, conversely, some algos can do things that acustica plugins cannot. You can have a wonderful thick and crispy sounding 5k€ compressor, but if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Maybe the 200€ compressor with cheap parts fits better because it sounds so grungy.
    2. i think we agree that a 40K€ SSL console sounds better than a small 600€ inline mixer. Now let me tell you, I get better mixes on such a small console than some who are turning knobs on an SSL console for the first time. That doesn't mean I can't get even better mixes on the SSL console than I can on the little cheap mixer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Blu

Blu Producer

What are those "sonic qualities" that algos can't offer and why algos can't offer them? Please answer in a objective and scientifically demonstrable way (it's a genuine question, don't want to be rude or anything). SSL desks and cheap inline mixer have clear and objective differences, not a good example in my opinion.

7. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Gnat farts of a difference is ALL I'm saying.... ABX tests are the answer to all our indifferences.

8. SEnki

SEnki Producer

telltaale-.jpg
    Tbh, you get a lot more mileage out of Aqua plugins vs Nebula. Most times you have load multiple instances of Nebula for a single track, where as Aqua is just one instance per track.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. morris

morris Ultrasonic

germanium comp *exists*

10. darknight

darknight Ultrasonic

What?! Not Nebula 5

11. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Yeah thats strange doesn he punish new buyers beacuse one person have shared Nebula Player?
    I never heard of a seller that has raised the price on an old product (Unless it is a rare vitage one of course but software can NEVER be vintage) it must be the first time in the history of software.
    It will of course not be good for the bussiness as the roumors will travel and people will avoid that company.

12. Scarlett

Scarlett Member

I still can't believe no one has taken me up on my offer (299 Euros for it!) :bleh:
    I mean, I won't give it away, that's for sure :dont:

13. Illadelph

Illadelph Producer

How can you not feel ashamed after having your public tantrum about one user who tricked the system?
    I would privately congratulate him then remove him from the customer base, as is only shows how weak and useless your aquarius bloatware is, just like every damn company that thinks we want a software hub just to download and use software??
    that's bullshit, and its main purpose is so you can sit back in the office with your coffee and scroll through your customer "metrics" in excel, the rough equivalent of jerking off and wasting time.

My friend, you are dealing in software here, nothing tangible, nothing actually "real"..
    so if you dont stop acting so badly about it, history will see you as a douchebag.

(PS I will never promote or buy anything from you while you try to progress your aquarius bloat, and dont think that your software has uncrackable protection or something, its probably a 20min job for the best teams that is already done and "iNTERNAL", and your entire catalog is just teetering on the brink of being available for free on 50 different websites instantly, 6 different mirrors and undeletable torrents to choose from :like:)

:mates:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. SEnki

SEnki Producer

We had a spike in sales and didn't understand what the source was, so we jacked up the price to cash in! Piracy is the reason we do these things!
    Thanks for bringing nebula to everyone's attention dummies, a greeting

Lel FTFY.

15. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

I'll be happy to go into more detail tomorrow. Until then, listen for yourself:
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/is-nebula-better-than-algo.57333/

16. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

This is bullshit. There are skins for that. Example: AlexB's 9K Console consists of, I think, 30 Nebula programs. Download a skin from Azzimov and the programs are bundled into 1 GUI. Then you can save it as setup and load it as a plugin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. SEnki

SEnki Producer

Interesting, I didn't know that. Here I've been doing it wrong this whole time lol. I'll look into it.

18. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

1. Don't trust "pros" who sell their endorsements.
    2. IMO, AA = Boutique
    3. Some prefer to use a $7500 Leica M instead of a more reasonable and capable device.
    4. I doubt many serious pros use AA because of workflow considerations. However it can get the job done if you know what you are doing and have enough power.
    5. Probably appeals more to serious amateurs.
    6. Use whatever you want and/or suits your needs.
    7. Do what you want. If that doesn't work, try something else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  19. Ballz

Ballz Producer

Actually a lot of top level guys use Acustica stuff. Mastering engineers especially.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

They have sales and this summer i could get it for 79 if i remember correctly and if you have a coupong you get 15% on that price
    But i didnt have the money when it was on sale so ppl wait for those sales.