And Just Like That! My Passion Is Gone!

Discussion in 'Music' started by black.afrika.zulu.x, Dec 15, 2017.

1. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

If you're getting bored and uninspired it might be a good time to experiment with other aspects of composition methods. also I just watched a killer mix and master series and really got inspired from new sound processing methods. actually watching production tutorials is always my go to for getting inspired. getting new software can help too.

2. robotboy

robotboy Producer

Weed and adderall are my two best friends.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

You're gonna die, fool.

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

my brother!

5. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

It will gone. Never take something too serious. Make a few weeks pause, meet people, get inspiration.

Look at this. I lost 70 hours of work just because i was kind and decided to give a chance to something ("rock solid daw" called reaper). Mood killed. But passion still alive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

When you have something it will come back. No point in forcing it.

Find something else to do with your free time, it happens to everyone.

7. NextGenSound

NextGenSound Kapellmeister

Same thing happens to me every once in a while, I try to use the musical downtime to learn new things relating to composition and mixing. It helps re-inspire me. Also lately I’ve been learning to build mics and outboard gear. That usually helps me get into a musical “zone”, testing out my toys lol!! All the best!

8. sparkles

sparkles Guest

oh man I feel you ! I ve been lots of times in this place lately, even to stop being a toy player ,its all about the mood ,comes and go, comes and go ,I want to believe that will come and stay or it will leave forever but this movement makes me feel sick, I know making music is fun but actually is not only fun ,except fun including stress ,if I dont find the right notes or if I dont finish a track or if I can't continue a composition all has an impact in my life and ofcurse I feel great when I finish a track or I did the right work on the track. Crappy times follow glory times and life goes on. As I try to understand the all picture and make my self feel homey with all this I came across the final decision that I have to live with that and makes it a part of my life, maybe this time its time to take a rest or to focus in other things in my life that they wanna attention, and hopefully inspiration will come back again
    As people said ,it happens to everyone

9. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

10. spyfx

spyfx Guest

here is some inspiration Africa related or not :bow: :

edit . one more from this amazing artist :

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2017
  11. Infidel

Infidel Producer

Have you thought of using chemicals to inspire inspiration?

12. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

I'll post these once more...

These Berklee graduates have me totally inspired at the moment. One guy who does all of the sequencing and programming, and one girl singing lead. He hires bassist and keys players for live performance, and he plays drum kit. From L.A. Currently sold out shows across E.U.; It looks like they independently distribute their music on Bandcamp and maybe iTunes. If this doesn't inspire you then nothing will......today. :)

Change your work flow. Maybe focus on a MPC break-beat style. Try ableton with a launchpad I or II. Inputting notes on piano roll w/ mouse is par for the course, but boring and uninspiring unless you're Mr. Bill. Look into random midi generators, max for live devices, samplers to load time stretched loops, random wav file copiers (to pull from your WAV/AIFF collection), lots of drum/melody midi files to audition with different drum VSTi's, drum NKI's, and synths. Reference mp3 tracks in your DAW for instrumentation, arrangement, and production ideas. Techniques like these will get an idea started so you can move forward. FLStudio, Ableton, and a classic DAW are your friends.

Get a cheap-ass midi drum kit or an Alesis ControlPad too so you can trigger with some sticks - proper.

P.S. - Random Wave File Copier (free) :

https://randomfilecopier.codeplex.com/

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  13. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

those videos from youtube would kill any creativity in you to be honest here lol

but its safe to say you need
    1- a vacation (even staying in a exotic hotel for few days is a good idea to clear your mind)
    2- a mind/ear reset (no headphones/no cells to be on/used for a full day)
    3- play random piano keys on your keyboard,your musical senses will be regenerated

good luck

14. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

booo!! hissss....hissss.... :bleh:

15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

first time ever seeing anything like that, nothing else going on with drivers/software that could have contributed to this.. ?

16. And Just Like That! My Passion Is Gone!

Bit like women, really.

Oh well. Get your heart broken. There's more songs than you know what to do with.

17. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Nope. No windows update, audio or graphics drivers were installed/deleted. I just saved the project, and when few hours later i decided to check some stuff i got this pop-up window of happiness. The most horrible that even .rpp-bak file is screwed in the same way. Sweet. I have two more projects to go. How can i trust this daw after that? Pure horror show.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. black.afrika.zulu.x

Thanks EVERYONE...I think rest is the cure!

My ears are fatigued from all that music. I, literally, don't wanna "work" with music, right now. And sadly, I don't expect to hear anything inspiring.

So, rest it is then.

19. black.afrika.zulu.x

I can no longer justify making music.

20. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Awe man, but your music is inspiring, I've been digging your intense and driving musical styles while noticing the unique bass poundage. Would be a shame if that ended. I suppose some rest and a break would be great for rejouvenating that though, I know all too well how loopy a neverending session can make me. I'm looking forward to getting back to creative utopia, my ideal vacation:wink:. Hope you hang on to those beats too, would love to experiment if you're open sometime!