Analyzing The Key of loops (Software)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by One Reason, Feb 12, 2019.

1. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Howdy super awesome audiophiles!

OK, couple of things, one of which i know the answers to.. and I am curious to see answers from you lot.

1. What software, cracked , or not can take any directory of loops, wavs, mp3, audio content and analyze and tag the key of each loop for use in music production, DJ'ing etc.. allowing searching and using teh results.

One example is Mixed in key, currently I believe .. uncracked.

What others are able to do this.. again, cracked, or not.

2. How valuable would that be, what would be a justifiable price point for something that provided this function accurately? 10, 25, 50, 70 bucks?

3. How many of you would use, need, love.. something like this in ur day today music production and WHY (examples) would it be? How typically would you utilize an app\plugin like this.

Working on some ideas regarding this and just looking for some feedback to help make some decisions from good folks like yourselves that live and breath music on a daily basis.

Thanks Y'all! :disco:

3. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Try Serato, Traktor, Rekordbox or Virtual Dj... That's a simple function in any DJ software.

4. tgunz020707

tgunz020707 Kapellmeister

Loopcloud from loopmasters does and its free you can also bounce out with scale change. Im not sure about mp3 but it works with wav files best i can come up with .It automatically detects key ect and theres an option to detect key if it didnt catch a file its actually really good to be free i use it all the time.It can be used offline also thats how i use it and its getting an all new update to be even better for version 4 i think to be released second quater of 2019.As for use its a must for me i have so many drums and samples loops ect it helps me find everyhting i need quick.Also if i need to find something in a certain key its alot easier to search one program with a tagging system i can edit for myself with multiple folder locations to set.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Ya man.. am working with loopcloud right now, I must say its a gem... and for free.. well, cant beat it... pretty much does what mixed in key does.. without spending 60 bucks..

Looking into developing a similar app, but with more features and a better UX... so looking for any kind of feedback I can get regarding this type of app and its uses, usefulness from the masses here.

So please, feel free to speak up and let me know what would be valuable to you along these lines that perhaps isnt currently available or you would like to see improvements upon.

TIA!

6. bassline

bassline Newbie

Theres a few others that does it with varying results..
    HoRNet SongKey MK2 give it to you in realtime and so it fluctuates depending on the note in the sample. My personal favorite is Serato sample it give you a 100% accurate reading of the sample and allows you to chop it up, change the key, move it up or down a few octaves.. i def think theres room for something that serato sample does without all the extra content.

7. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Thanks guys for the feedback... I guess now im interested in finding out what percentage of 'Producers" as a whole use this in their workflow... for me, not being a traditional 'musician" , not knowing music theory, not having the ability to manually match one audio clip with another... then being able to take my entire loop library and tag it by key, then sort BY key, so that every loop in my list matches every other loops key.. is almost mandatory...

Even if you all dont have anything to say, please let me know, nay or yay.. if this is part of your workflow or useless and foreign to u and perhaps how big of a part it is.

Cheers!

8. G String

G String Rock Star

I would want something like that, yes. BPM too.

9. tgunz020707

One thing that would be cool is having sononym type feature in loopcloud being able to search by transients instead of by keyword.The auto key and processed bounce in loop cloud are a big plus for me but at this point software like this is a must.Also it would be nice to have more control over the samples like chop or edit the wav nothing major just something simple. Really combining sononym and loop cloud would be gold.Being able to route it to synth/vsti of choice would be cool also for demoing midi files.Also being able to bounce midi changes like loopcloud can autokey and bounce processed wav it would be cool if you could do that with midi files also.

Have you thought about making a poll? Not sure if you could incorperate it into this post or not just a thought.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  10. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Thanks for your feedback much appreciated indeed.
    I had thought about a poll, probably too late now, but maybe i can revisit that when this thing starts taking shape..

Already well in the works.

11. tgunz020707

Awesome keep us posted please.

12. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

When I started trying and comparing different auto-detecting software I was excited by the idea of automatically tagging and categorising and I hoped to find matching loops and samples quicker.
    But what does "matching" mean in reality?
    A few years later, I must say that I don't use such software anymore at all.
    When I'm looking for a sample that fits my request, it's usually in the wrong key but it partly has the right melody line or sound, so I have to re-pitch, slice or time-stretch it anyway.
    One would have to add many more tags and something like a 'relative melody notation' (some programs do it already but I don't remember the names) to actually find the right loops.

I'm handling it more like a DJ now: Intuitively dig into my sample archive and be surprised :winker: