Analog Obsession OAQ v2.1

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by No Avenger, Nov 12, 2019.

1. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

The facts contradict this.
    I suggest you read the rules.

You think you have the right to demand this? No, you haven't.
    Apart from the fact that this is offensive and therefore against the rules, I could ask you how you came to this unsubstantial decisson, but really, I don't care.
    'Nothing' is wrong, but I'm not making a living from mixing atm, that's right.

I don't need to.
    You want a pic or an audio file? Make one yourself, I'm not your mommy.
    You don't know me? That's ok. You don't believe and/or trust me? Fine for me, just ignore this thread, or me and move along. No one forces you to look into this thread.

No, no, I'm 12 plus something.
    I had hard times, yes, thanks for asking. How are you?
    In a legal vacuum, yes. Here, not.
    Prepare for a demand to prove it. :winker: Not by me, ofc.
    I never said stock EQ
    As I said, it adds some harmonics so a null test won't work, simple logic.
    Wow, you know that these two are on principle the same?
    If you can reproduce the sound of a so called analog emulation EQ with a purely digital one, than it's ofc snakeoil.
    Have a seat.

I did what??? Please bridle your fantasy.
    And even if I had, I can without providing evidence. Please show me the rule that demands any evidence for this.
    I didn't even discredit the plugin, only it's claim to be an analog emulation (modelling). Did I say it's crap? No, I didn't!
    Read the rules.
    Just speak for yourself, please.

2. No Avenger

Already noticed. :shalom:

3. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

why wont you post the results about your findings.....
    you're not being logical at all

4. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

no avenger made a post about a plugin discrediting it without any evidence, while olymoon comes to defend his friend. this is the rules?

5. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

olymoon this is what your job is as a mod.. for real?

6. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

btw... the thread would defo have more posts about the original post of he simply had provided proof of his findings

7. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

olymoon took every single nasty vote against no avenger. lets see you keep this same energy for other member

8. Jeffriezal

Jeffriezal Producer

It is a snake oil if you claim something but its not even remotely close to something you claim.

After all, snake oil is not mean you have a bad product, but it can be considered as like you're scamming people.

But in this case, AO is really a terrible product in so many areas, which are very hard to let them win without them to put an effort of drastic changes in their decisive action to improve first. Maybe they just do it for the easy money, who knows.

To me, I won't invest in a company who not even show a fight for their own product in developing for greatness.

But hey, if they rock your boat, keep rocking babe. Nobody can tell you nasty if you like nasty stuff.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  9. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

The rules say "When a member violates our rules, moderator will increase that member's warning level, which maximum level is 5 points."

Not happened. The rules are not an argument here. What happened was that a long time member complained about a subjective rating and therefore it was censored. Can someone tell me where the validation for censoring is stated in the rules? :dunno:

That's what happened. Nothing else. If you guys try to count peas you should do it consequently.

10. No Avenger

All your ratings (especially negative or neutral) should be meaningful - so when you're asked to provide reasons for such rating, you should have one.

That was what I was referring to, obviously.

11. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

It seems like you guys try to avoid my main point since three posts. :unsure:

And of course the relevant thing is the consequence. I've never stated anything about what he has to do with his rating options.

I've just criticised the consequence.

12. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

No you didn't say it's crap,you say it's snake oil.It's not my fantasy,it's yours my friend.

Of course there isn't any "rule that demands any evidence for this",of couse you can freely despise anyboby,but you may also present your arguments to do that.

13. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

he and many other think he had good reason to vote nasty....:dunno:
    just sayin...
    ---
    while this is puplic forum puplic thread not everyone knows youre previous tests , maybe just post the results pictures

14. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

That's a big difference -IMHO- betwwen rating "dislike" a post and creating a thread about a developer,a plugin,or somebody to say it's snake oil and without any eveidence.
    For your information I am not crying mate,and I don't use these AO plugins.

So if I get your point guys you must justify a negative rating but you don't have to justify anything when opening a thread and publicly saying a plugin is crap or snake oil.Ok you said all.

15. No Avenger

vs
    ?

vs
    Where's the own sound (modelling) when I can reproduce it with a digital EQ?

According to the rules, :yes:

:yes:
    But again, I did not say the plugin is crap.

Didn't make it on my computer, so this a easier said than done.

Finally, I like to suggest we stop debating about rating and censorship here. Everyone feel free to open a separate thread on this topic.

16. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

@No Avenger What he can do in the context of "what he's able to do" or "what he feels" and what he has to do or should do in terms of the rules are two different things. (Never forget the context)

And what he can do and what he did was stating his opinion. And his opinion was and still is censored unfortunately.

You still try to count peas inconsequently.

17. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

And IMHO in both cases people are just emiting opinions. They don't have to justify anything, the rule regarding "justifiying" rating is vain, opinions are like a...holes, we all have one on about anything it doesn't mean they are "informed" (fantasy of the "rational" man).
    It's audio processing mate not science, if it were science we would all use the same tools, all have the same pseudo "sciency" result when we make a mix or a master. But it's not and we don't. The fact that there are analysis tools do not make audio processing a science nor do they allow us to "objectivily" evaluate a plugin or a daw. At the end of the day we all have different mixes or masters because we all make subjective decisions or choices of plugins at one point or another based on our pure taste or our subjective experience. Period.
    IMHO of course. It's all subjective in the end.

18. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

You are changing the facts, this member rated as nasty a comment, when asked to explain, his answer was "nah" that's the only reason why I took off the nasty rating .
    But I didn't apply the rules completely and didn't warned him because other wise he would have been automatically banned as he already accumulate 4 warning points.