Analog Lab V - UI Freezes while changing presets

Discussion in 'Software' started by KDAD, Nov 9, 2023.

1. KDAD

KDAD Newbie

Hi,

I'm running patched Analog Lab 5 on Macbook Pro 2015 10.13 (With SSD, 16GB RAM, 2.2Ghz i7) in Ableton Live. Whenever I change a preset, Ableton and Analog Lab's interface freezes for 2 seconds. Also, a CPU raise is noticable. I've tried different version I found online - 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 - VST, VS3 and Au but it made no difference.

I understand that this isn't an easy task to do for my computer but I've never experienced that problem with any synthesizers so I'd like to know if there's anything I can do about it.

I've found a post on Arturia's forum that 5.7 release improved the presets loading process but I can't find it anywhere. I will be more than thankful for any tips!

3. Marcelo22

Marcelo22 Noisemaker

Arturia's plugins are poorly optimized.
    1 Pigments instance and it's over for the CPU :rofl:

4. KDAD

KDAD Newbie

Yeah, I know. I tried Pigments but it was too CPU Hungry so I switched to Analog Lab which is supposed to much lighter. Actually, it is lighter because it doesn't eat up so much CPU but the freezes during presets changes is annoying.

Do you experience freezes when changing a presets too?

5. Marcelo22

Marcelo22 Noisemaker

The UI doesn't freeze but it takes like 1-2 seconds to change preset.

6. KDAD

KDAD Newbie

Ok, so it's a problem related to my computer or downloaded software. If anyone can help I will be more than thankful!

7. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

It's probably the time it needs to load the instrument and samples. I think it takes about a second on my Mac too with the legit version, that’s a bit dependent on the specific instrument, e.g. the Mellotron needs a bit longer if there are multiple samples involved

8. KDAD

KDAD Newbie

Yes, I only have SSD.