Analog & Digital differences and why Analog is better

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Roject, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Analog
    (Looney Tunes 1942)

Digital
    (Looney Tunes 2018)

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Didn't know that Spongebob Squarepants is the voice actor for Bugs Bunny these days!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I dunno if the problem is analog v digital per se, @Roject ? Seems like: live orchestral jam has a cartoon written to it V some guy churns cues #1231265-1231280 to pay rent? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Producer

Untitled.jpg

Because it's your Birthday?

6. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Exactly like this. In the past to make it work a lot of money spent, only professionals had access to some of equipment like this, a lot amount of work, unimaginable amount of time spent on it, people turned upside down to make it on analog, fine tuning every detail, they employed huge amounts of people.
    Now digitally when it's more common and easier some guy is doing it quickly to make some money :dunno:

7. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Why Anal & famous slut under
    What about is this topic? WTF :hahaha:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:goodpost: :invision: :welcome: :dj: :hillbilly:

8. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Acoustic, analogue and digital for some reason get confused by OP, I guess. Youtube videos you listed are digitized.
    Well, poor attempt for humour, imo.

9. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

I don't know about digitalization?
    But for shure They make it analog = drawing on paper or uses devices which helps drawing on paper
    like replacable backgrounds etc.
    And for shure now is everything maded digitally in vector programs on a computer.
    And this is easy to animate even for newbies. Only basic knowledge needed.

10. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  11. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Those old Looney Tunes shorts used to actually generate money from theaters, they didn't have to rely on TV and cable networks for their survival. There was even matinee screening where you would pay the equivalent a few dollars to watch 30-40 minutes of Tom & Jerry or Loony Toons cartoons white you tried to get under the skirts of your chosen invitee. I am not old enough to have been there but this what I've been told by my uncles and grand uncles.

There was more money in it for everyone then, the theaters won by getting people in for cheap and got to still sell them popcorn and drinks (not at today's markups though) small artists like Walt Disney, Walter Lantz, Ben Hardway, Joseph Barbabara built empires on the back of those shorts and matinees and went on to produce feature films. You could afford to hire an orchestra because you made a lot more money.

Performance is the choke point nowadays, all the performance points are locked in and only show contracted content be that radio, television or stage. If there is no money in it, you get what you pay for.

Flash/Animate has always been the low end of animation, it's accessible and even used in some pretty big studios but you can always tell when it's used. If you want to get into animation I would steer you toward Toon Boom more modern animation characteristics [Lion King, Sponge Bob, Family Guy, Pokemon] and TVPaint if you want the ability to make it look and feel like vintage frame cell animation [Gigglebug, Isle of Dog, Peanuts Movie and most of Japanese Animee since Amiga days.] There are also bespoke platfortms like Pixar etc...

But yhea, it was a much grander product back then, it's a shame, but it is what it is.