An extraordinary example of warez benefit, from Paul Frindle

Discussion in 'Software' started by blizzarrd, Apr 22, 2022.

1. blizzarrd

blizzarrd Noisemaker

Here is a must read, from Paul Frindle who basically created some mythic SSL consoles, who created the digital console considered to be best digital console ever created, and who created high praised plugins under the Sonnox brand and proaudiodsp.

Yesterday, Paul wrote a post on GS about his DSM plugin (Dynamic Spectrum Mapper — go check it out if you don’t know it!) and a moving story about this plugin, which has everything to do with the sister site! :)

The post is here (post #500) and the story begins at the paragraph starting with « Another fascinating thing ».

Very happy to see when things work the intended way!

• Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

this is exactly what devs don't get. warez helps them a lot. getting feedback from as much people as possible, will lead them to nail their product in way less time, which will lead to people say things like ''you know, the plugin got so good it is worth buying it''

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

I think devs know this, but I believe it's the exaggerated desire to obtain maximum benefits by limiting access to a certain product, motivated, at the end of the emotion chain, by fear, that makes them simply ignore warez benefits. No emotion moves the world as much as fear (see the case of current wars). It is always fear and a lack of logical/pragmatic thinking that triggers strong and disproportionate reactions. Who has never dealt with something like: "—either it's you or them (...) —after all, which side are you on? (...) do you play against yourself, fool?" We, as human animals, are way too reactive...

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

the word you were looking for is Greed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

The thread at GS, as of now, ends at my post, a one word reply of "Amen (I quoted just the pertinent bit that we discuss here). It will be interesting to see if it gets nuked.

7. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

I think its more desideratum for appreciation then greed!