An error with Kontakt Library (win)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by gaijinn000, Aug 23, 2016.

1. gaijinn000

gaijinn000 Noisemaker

Hi community
    I need some help. Some libries are showing an error msg after I add them to the libraries browser. They show up fine, but when I try to load an instrument I get:

"your new library needs to be added before this instrument can be used
    please go to kontakt's libraries tab and press the add library button"

I have tried everything - deleted the registry keys, the xml file, verified unique spind number and no results.
    It seems that one thing that also raises this issue is changing the snpid code that comes in a factory nicnt file.

The libraries I'm having issues are (so far) Albion III Iceni (I have both albion I and II and they work just fine) and Cinsamples Cinebrass Core and Cinebrass Pro.

Iceni comes with the following structure: Folder Info (wallpaper only); Folder Instruments (nki files); Folder Multis (nkm files); Folder Samples (nkc and nkx files); Files iceni.nkc, iceni.nkr, iceni_info.nkc, iceni_info.nkx. and iceni.xml

win 7 x 64; amd octacore 16 gb ram; Kontakt version 5.5.2.880

This is my only hope...I have roamed the net far and wide and..... no joy.
    I use notepad++ to check what's on those files...I allways check for spind number clashes and I have a load of custom libraries.

Any help regarding this will be deeply appreciated
    Thanks a lot and all the best.

Attached Files:

3. Tuan Tran

Tuan Tran Newbie

me, too except different lib

Attached Files:

4. Erik_Menton

Erik_Menton Producer

Sometimes when the library is updated the decryption key is different, this happened to me when updating from abbey road 80's drums to 80'2 drummer, the new nicnt authorized the nki but the old samples still needed the old info.nkx

This could be the problem for TUan Tran, for OP i'm not sure cause it seems the sister's site version of Icenii so there is no update involved

5. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Try to install the latest Service Center update.

6. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

you can clearly see on the picture from Tuan Tran that he messed arround with peoples sport for adding none Kontakt Player Libs to the Player Window .

after that some people wonder why something dont work anymore .

7. Tuan Tran

Tuan Tran Newbie

my lastest was 2.6.0.137

8. Tuan Tran

Tuan Tran Newbie

What's decryption key? you mean HU and JDX? So, what's the solution?

9. Erik_Menton

Erik_Menton Producer

keeping the registry entry with the previous HU and JDX

10. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

again just clearly that Tuan Truan has messed with snip id´s and now they comes in conflict .

11. Tuan Tran

Tuan Tran Newbie

12. gaijinn000

gaijinn000 Noisemaker

Hi fellows.
    I managed to load one of the libraries that was giving me that same error msg:

But as for the Iceni library, I repeated the same steps but it still gives me the same msg...I will give up on it...I'm burning neurons at a ridiculous rate with no avail...just trash it and be happy...thanks to all of you for tryingto help

13. gaijinn000

gaijinn000 Noisemaker

Two other libraries having the same issue:
    Cinesamples Cinebrass core and Cinebrass pro...I'll repeat the same stewps to see if it works and come back to tell you...wish me luck

14. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

All these libraries work fine on my Kontakt.
    The one solution is that there is no solution. I have one library, Vir2 Instruments Apollo Cinematic Guitars, that add to tab and when I close Kontakt and reopen, library is disappeared. And never appears again. And other users have this library working perfectly. Impact Soundworks Bravura doesn´t add to tab. The second or the third time I try to add it, finally appears.
    That´s a cracked Kontakt. That´s all.

15. gaijinn000

gaijinn000 Noisemaker

Yeah, man...as announced earlier, I had to try the Cinesamples Brass...this is what happened...added the library...it has a nkx file from factory. Within this file thereis a SNPID number...I verify availability...no problem, no clash no nothing...cool so far...the library opens and loads just fine...instrumjents play their hearts out, everything is copacetic...close Kontakt, reopen it...library not found msg, locate...asks for a nicnt file, I dutifully hide the nkx file and fabricate a nicnt file...justb to try the damn thing...the msg...

Come on, man...it really sucks big time...

16. Tuan Tran

Tuan Tran Newbie

@gaijinn000 I found a way.
    The very first thing you need to do is to check if your lib has .nicnt or a couple of nkc + nkx files inside root folder.
    If there has no any files, follow this "https://audiosex.pro/threads/how-to-create-nicnt-files-tutorial.3884/" SnpidLocator to check if snpid number, it checks inside ProductHints.xml, too.
    If there has, use this file only and dont create any nicnt file or you must redownload them. but you still need to check snpid number. No clashing, go on; if clashing, just modify the nicnt file of the remaining lib (not present lib)
    That's all
    I aware that never modify the nicnt or nkx if they are attached inside root folder

17. Tuan Tran

Tuan Tran Newbie

if you has just added some libs, clear xml and reg key, then do from the beginning as I said above. You and I made a mistake when try to modify or create a new nicnt file though it was present

18. Tuan Tran

Tuan Tran Newbie

wow, I have just gotten new problem by wrong name or something like that. I fixed that and work fine.
    I had download a new lib name "Orchestral Essentials" , the "Orchestral Essentials.nicnt" file is different from "OrchestralEssentials_resources.nkc/nkr" file inside "samples" folder.
    What I did is to remove space between "Orchestral" and "Essentials". then wallah!
    So, Check around if there are some differences
    But remember that always backup the original file first before do anything

19. gaijinn000

gaijinn000 Noisemaker

here's what happens with Cinebrass Core and Pro libraries.
    I delete all cinebrass entries in the registry, delete the XLM file in the service center folder check for availability of <SNPID>747</SNPID> number.
    It's available, so no clashes there. Press the add library in Kontakt and all works well, (see fig.1) instruments load and work just fine.
    Close Kontakt, reopen it and bang. (see figure 2 ) Fig 3 shows what's inside the cinebrass folder and inside the cinebrass nkx file
    !!!!   KONTAKT_ERROR_4.jpg !!!!   KONTAKT_ERROR_4a.jpg !!!!   KONTAKT_ERROR_4b.jpg ...now this is a mystery to me...any ideas?

20. Tuan Tran

Tuan Tran Newbie

choose root folder while "browse for folder ", tick "Keep search mode"
    If nothing changes after do this, then your lib really missing file

21. gaijinn000

gaijinn000 Noisemaker

if it's missing a file, in this case the fabled ncint, how come it loads perfectly the first time?...plus as far as I know nkx files don't work well with nicnt files in the same directory...very puzling...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016