An elder once told me...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Spyfxmk2, Mar 26, 2018.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

As an old jazz lover, you shouldn't say that. Please be a true Jazzer.:bleh:

I respect the senior citizens all the time because most of them are so deeper than us in everything. The new generation is the hand-gallop generation and don't know the meaning of true love and life yet. Our only privilege is having the technology with us, a gift from them.

New generation == Consumption. If they cut their support, you say what would happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. m9cao

m9cao Producer

nothing.
    japanese people always saying 'senpai' at school or workplace, they believes that elder (or more powerful)people told was truth, but the real truth was so funny that Japanese people never realized.
    i dont know too much about world history, but i could know the father of japanese now is U.S, the previous one was Europeans, deutsch fascist,(probably missed something i forgot) ancient china.
    heres my question: 1.who will be the next father of japanese?
    2. did elder people always tolding the truth?

3. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

In older cultures dating back well before western society as it is now, the true teachers are the elders.

Nobody knows everything, that is impossible. Myself and a few others on here who are not old by the standards of today but are definitely of the baby boomers and now considered an older generation, learned things that only age could teach us.
    If you ask many older generation people if they could take back to their twenties what they know now, very few I imagine would say no.

I also think and this goes for anyone, that because everyone makes mistakes in their life and hopefully learns from them, people should get younger instead of older in vitality, stamina, looks and health as a reward for screwing up and learning from that. It will never happen though lol

George Carlin [R.I.P] made a funny comment on this below.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Cackwizard

Cackwizard Ultrasonic

grandpa: If you can't get it at Walmart you don't need it.
    grandma: Shit in one and and wish in the other. See which one fills up first.

5. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Work with your brain, not with your back.

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

Life is mostly about (making, reconsidering, postponing and overturning) big and tough decisions. A fully-grown elder is great in such conditions better than thousands of immature and unripe brains.:guru:

Also you can't find the answer for all questions (specialty the real life) in the Internet.

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

A great word from an old man:

8. BibouLeNoob

BibouLeNoob Kapellmeister

Cute attempt at trolling, but once again, you fail to differentiate the trend from the innovation.
    Jazz is a dead trend but a living innovation lab.

9. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

People who give advice and wisdom rarely say if they heard it from someone else or if they came to that conlusion by themselves. Meaning, that anyone of any age can give advice and be wise. You just have to share it. You don't have to be old. My father was always full of wise quotations - by famous people which he would say he had read in a newspaper or the Reader's Digest - from a young age, in his 30s as I remember. You see, if someone old shares some wisdom with you when you're young, it means that YOU are wise from a young age LOL. So the idea that wisdom and advice comes from 'elders,' old people, is not necessarily true; maybe they acquired that wisdom as a young person and lived by it all their lives. The idea that old people are wise and can give wisdom because they're old is nonsense.

10. In reality you can learn something from a newborn to the oldest living person.

In life however, you're allowed to learn on a need-to-know basis, and mostly you don't need to know.

You also gain access to "wisdom" in life as your power, wealth and influence grows.

11. Could you provide an example or an analogy for the second half of your statement? I don't understand it.

12. jefft

jefft Producer

I have lived through millions of re-incarnations, so in reality I'm older than my elders. I have millenniums of knowledge, so advice from my elders is futile, yet I still can't set up this ferkin MIDI controller...Doh

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

I think the idea is that an older person has thoroughly road-tested the advice, whatever it's source, and concluded that empirically it is sound and worth passing on.

14. Splicementality

Splicementality Kapellmeister

simply put, no! :no:

make music and enjoy it :yes:

15. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

"An honest man is always a child"
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
    SOCRATES

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Back to topic. Once an elder (surprisingly a captain in the army) told us: "Those who claim the right to complain, have also the duty to compliment."
    A great advice and I think we all take too little account of it in our daily lives.

17. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

"We must reject earthly pleasures... so how the hell I was born? Don't laugh again, Dad!"
    Ghandi
    Ghandi Jr I mean :rofl:

I loved that man, both the humor and the big truths in between.

18. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@spyfx, is it you? :woot:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Dude, don't be so hard on yourself. You're just a few more million lives away from becoming Boz Scaggs. It's taken me a century to understand what a chord is old man. Just keep on. I'm hoping in another dimension where time isn't a thing I'll actually write a full tune.

The only problem I have with you olden golden is your immense cruelty when us ancient youth try to follow your example. Then you get all grouchy and weird.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2018
  20. True, or it could just be the money.