An amazing era.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Von_Steyr, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

No smart phones, no computers, no facebook, just people having fun and dancing to great music.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Oh well this is just like the movie I've watched. A man from the present age travel to his favourite era the 70's and then he met a girl there. But the girl in the 70's said that the greatest era was the 20's.

I feel those 70's 60's 50's people will think 2016 is the greatest era.

4. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

This was my era and yes it was great

5. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

The Saturday Night Diarrhea soundtrack, and all the associated music contemporaneous with it, made me SO GLAD when punk rock came along, lurking just behind. Three years after the Bee Gees, et al., raped my ears, I had this for mental floss to heal from the trauma:

6. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Indeed, no smartphones, no computers, no facebook, - just people dancing to music. And why? Because going to the discotheque was the only f*cking thing we could do on weekends to not die from boredom!
    The nerds at least had there pen&paper games, but we? We were forced to go to a f*cking place we didn't f*cking like and mess around with girls we didn't really adore, just to get time passing by. My first car, a used 1967 beetle, was used for smoking, drinking, petting, listening to music more than to actually drive. How I wish I had a computer back then, a smartphone or Facebook!

(That's what I experienced. Don't waste your time trying to convince me it was different, just because you experienced it differently :winker:)

Just some of the songs I learned to hate from the bottom of my heart due to that "amazing" era:

Imagine, that was a time where even boys like Alice Cooper sounded like so:

:knock:

7. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Seems like a lifetime ago. Oh how times have changed!!!!

8. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I ended up catching up with technology by being forced upon me a mobile phone for my birthday by my poor innocent Mum. Little did she know how this technology would turn out to be a hindrance to our privacy and personal space!

9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Yvonne Elliman what an amazing voice... a time when singers were usually required to actually have the talent of singing..
    hear her again from another classic of the times... on back up.. but clear and crisp and strong... just listen closely

simple.. and awesome...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. No Melodyne or fixing it in the mix, what you hear is what you get. Sure, the soundtrack for Saturday Night Fever grated the hell out of my nerves every time I heard it played, but I also recognized it's greatness as the brothers sang their god given amazing harmonies to all the catchy hooks and ear worm melodies that, even though it wasn't even getting close to something I would ever put on the turntable in my bedbroom, I had to chalk up to the greatness that it was. Being a teenage white boy growing up on Long Island in the 70's was...absolutely blissful, and even though much of the music to me was just trash, some of it was awe inspiring. 1975 brought us this...

1973, this...

and so many things fucking
    Steely Dan...

And that is not including all that Motown and Neil Young and so many others.

11. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

An era when it didn't matter how butt ugly you were... if you could write and perform a hit, you could still have a chance.... but keep in mind it's also an era of unforgivable atrocities like this

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

It actually took a long time until i started to really appreciate the SNF movie and soundtrack, in my late twenties.
    Before that the Lp didnt spark much interest in me, didnt care that much for it, had to grow up to really appreciate an era and its music, so much more powerful, real studios and amazing song writing.
    Now i value it even more, for it was an age when things werent under the microscope, today much of the things that make this world has been over analyzed trough technology and there were way less restrictions , more hope and more excitement just generally for life.
    Its a totally different universe today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. seriousofficial

seriousofficial Producer

well.....nostalgia isn't what it used to be anymore. :guru:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual