Amplitube vs Scuffham S-Gear ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Boosire, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Boosire

Boosire Producer

Hi,

What do you think would be the best suited for stratocaster-like clean tones ?

Thank you

3. neefje van de valk

neefje van de valk Noisemaker

Both have some tones that will suit your needs. Amplitube has the tonex add. and there are some good fender profiles in there. You might consider archetype cory wong from neural dsp. Its so well build and easy to use...and cory is well know for his clean sounds IMHO. Good luck!

4. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

Amplitube offers a LOT on the drive/clean side with ToneX integration.
    With a bunch of good effects too.

ToneX can reproduce almost all amps. Clean to drive are the best on the market.
    And there are sat/dist pedals captures too with ToneX ... even fuzz !!!

An algo based solution can't compete with profiling on this side.

Amplitube all the way !!!

PS : I wouldn't be so sure if you wanted high gain metal :wink:

6. odod

odod Rock Star

for me S Gear all the way .. it cut thru the mix easily .. and also sounded better to my ears. Amplitube is kinda harsh to my ears, and a hassle with all those "IAP" things, while S Gear just a one time purchase. But some Amplitube presets are good too.

7. Booya

Booya Newbie

S-Gear hands down!

8. George Santos

George Santos Kapellmeister

I demo'd these two and others shortly before choosing Amplitube as my go to guitar/bass processing.

However, over time I found the full library of amps/pedals/cabinets daunting. I waisted too much time choosing between similar crunch and clean toned effects when really none were perfect for indie rock. I'm still searching for that perfect tone that mixes well...

The ToneX option seemed nice but was just more sh*t to scroll through lol. I didn't like the presets for use in my genre either.

Someone mentioned Nueral DSP - at first I loved the tones from these but eventually I found the interface too limiting. Also, it takes forever to get warez files. Not sure if they ever k'd the ployphia guy's.

Guitar Rig is also worth considering but some of their effects get absurdly loud without warning which caused ear pain on headphones. I was scared scrolling through presets worrying if the next sound blast would worsen my tinnitus.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023