Amplitube 5 reported latency [solved]

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ghaleon777, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Ghaleon777

Ghaleon777 Guest

Hi everyone...
    I wanted to ask about this specific issue (?) i am having, the reported latency in both Reaper and FLStudio shows me that Amplitube (all versions actually) have 2ms of latency.

Is this real latency or just a fake report? because i tried to stack multiple instances of Amplitube in one channel and play guitar to feel if the latency became bigger but i didnt felt any changes...

What is going on here?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. Ghaleon777

Ghaleon777 Guest

lol, i already know about interface setup and lowering the latency there, what i am asking is why the reported latency is 2ms?

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Mh, I don't have Amplitude installed but the PDC is added up here for any plugin stack.
    Depending on the Amplitube setup 2ms seems possible.
    While 2ms should not be noticable, 20ms or more should. So that's a bit strange.

6. Ghaleon777

Ghaleon777 Guest

NEVER MIND... i already fixed this issue in FLStudio, the box called "USE FIXED SIZE BUFFERS" in the Troubleshooting tab was active, making a extra latency in the plugin, after i unchecked this it went back to 0.7ms (basically no latency whatsoever).

And in Reaper i checked again and it said "7/128", the same as FLStudio, what confused me was the "128" number at the right side, but that means my INTERFACE latency... when i used "Highspeed" setting on my audio interface driver (Behringer UMC22) it said "7/49"... Really low!

As i mentioned, already fixed, now i can use this software with no problem whatsoever, its my fav amp suite.... thanks for the response.