Amplitube 5 louder than 4?

Discussion in 'Software' started by aleksy, Jan 21, 2021.

1. aleksy

aleksy Kapellmeister

Hi,

I've been trying out Amplitube 5 out recently comparing it to version 4 to determine which one to ultimately keep, but from the start I noticed 5 being (more than) twice as loud as 4, even when using the same presets.
    Did anyone notice that behaviour as well and maybe know a way to fix it?

My only idea would be batch-processing the preset files for 5 to turn down their in- and output volume on a preset-by-preset basis to approximately match 4.. Or getting used to it and remember not to turn up my interface preamp :dunno:

Thanks

3. aleksy

aleksy Kapellmeister

Small bump since I haven't found an explanation or fix yet that doesn't involve editing all preset files.. Help or suggestions are still much appreciated.

4. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

I would say it’s because of the new IR system, but surely you just turn the input / outputs down? Are you getting a difference when loading older presets in 5? Is it an input channel thing or when in standalone mode?

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I'd rather use a leveling plugin right before and/or after A5. This way you can quickly adjust the input to match the sound and the output to match the level. If you're lucky you only need to do this once.

6. aleksy

aleksy Kapellmeister

That might actually be true, those got remade from what I understand. Loading the exact same preset files, 5 is about twice as loud compared to 4 using the same recording. Adjusting the input/output volume each time I open it up or load a new preset can get quite cumbersome though.

Good suggestion, using actions in Reaper I could automatically add a preadjusted 3 plugin chain like that to whatever track I want.
    Even if I'd rather avoid workarounds like that, sometimes it might be necessary I guess.