Amplifier for Yamaha NS10M monitors ?

Discussion in 'Studio' started by MehdiMuzikk, Jul 19, 2017.

1. MehdiMuzikk

MehdiMuzikk Member

I just got pair of yamaha NS10M , trying to by an Amplifier for those great monitors , idont want to go over the budget of couple of hundreds , any recommendation for an matching Amplifier

3. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

Amcron D-75

(if you are in europe, same stuff but its branded as Crown D-75)

4. tooloud

tooloud Guest

My NS10's have always sounded crappy no matter what. But that's the idea isn't it. I don't think any amp I've used in 37 years have made a difference.

5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Bryston if you want to be like douchebag CLA

6. TK

TK Member

Adcom Gfa 545 mkII or Hafler P3000. Both between 150-300 bucks used.

7. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

+1

Although if youre looking for middle of the range amp with decent specs, I recommend either the CX or GX series QSC amps. I ran those for years with my NS10s and I really enjoyed them.

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I'm a fan of Yamaha amplifiers and if you could find this A100 amp, it should be a perfect match for your NS10s. One of my better clients has it.
    [​IMG]
    And it looks sexy, doesn't it? You could find it for not much dosh these days, I suppose. :wink:

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

10. Daz

Daz Guest

The A100a as suggested by Sinewave is the matching amp on a budget, CLA has recommended a Yamaha P2200 some years ago, bit pricey though.
    Matching sub woofer is Yamaha YST-SW100.
    Word of advice, don't put your NS10's in storage, or at least pack and protect them better than I did, I bought new woofers last year, then had to put them in storage for a while...........
    http://imgur.com/a/TGZ9z

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2017
  11. MehdiMuzikk

MehdiMuzikk Member

thank you guys all of you for those ideas , i think i will look for an YAMAHA P-2200

12. MehdiMuzikk

MehdiMuzikk Member

You don't think that you can fix the cons of the woofers , you get kit replacement http://www.ebay.com/itm/SS-Audio-Re...363552&hash=item236a21e862:g:C8kAAOSwa81XRwcj , but honestly idont know if its going to sound same like it was originally

13. MehdiMuzikk

MehdiMuzikk Member

I'm in US the price of that amp its affordable , but its not available on the market

14. Daz

Daz Guest

Yeah I was looking at those a few weeks ago on Ebay, not genuine and probably won't sound the same like you said, might even sound better, though I still have the original woofers, a bit discolored but they still work fine, actually the chewed ones still work ok, so now I have 4 woofers that work but don't look too good.
    Thinking about checking these out sometime in the future.... http://www.aps-company.com/page-product-klasik.html
    Of course as always money is the issue, but I think I might be saying goodbye to my NS10's eventually.

Let us know how you go with the set up :thumbsup:

15. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

that's a normal phenomenon because they are meant to sound 'crappy'

meanwhile, everything i have produced and mixed at home using my NS10 and that i have later brought to a mastering studio sounded balanced and decent (on their Tannoy GOLD & SILVER monitoring) ; their further mastering work job only made it sound better without that much of witchcrafting or majorly re-EQ'ing to bring up missing or tune down some frequencies in my stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Charlomagne

Charlomagne Ultrasonic

The NS-10 always sound crappy but with a great amp sound GREAT!
    You should look at a 250 watts power per side. The greatest power, they sound better.
    I own a Yamaha p-2500s and I'm very happy with this set. Very Quiet!
    [​IMG]
    More expensive options are:
    Bryston 4B SST (or 3B)
    Hafler P4000 (or P3000, Trans-Nova 9500)
    Crown DC300 (or newer D series)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I'd be reluctant to place all of my faith is NS-10's today. I still have them but with bass frequencies in modern tracks going down to 30hz, it's guesswork what's happening with the Yamaha's. I understand the idea that "if it sounds good on these it'll sound good everywhere" and that's probably a good thing if you intend taking your track for professional mastering because you'll have a flat, tight song rather than a bloated mess of boosted 10-20hz bass.