Ample Sound VSTi s excess latency

Discussion in 'Software' started by drdark2, Apr 9, 2014.

1. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

I know it was mentioned Ample Sound is using DFD, but it is still loading a lot in RAM, so I had to ask others about their experience regarding latency, meaning while playing the instruments live; on my (slow) computer latency is much higher than in most instruments...

3. cc80536

cc80536 Newbie

the latency could actually be the result of Ample Sound's pre-attack sample.

have you tried turning up the sample start time to skip the beginning of the attack?

by the way, what version are you using?

4. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

i didn t notice any latency,u have to setup your preferences and it doesn t use so much ram,about 500 mb

5. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

I am asking this question now because I only remembered it now; I am not using any Ample Sound library at the moment, because of the latency problems I have had, also with h e audio;
    I don't have legit versions if that is what you are asking;
    If you are sure about pre-attack samples, it could be the perfect explanation.
    Please confirm this is true, and possibly explain how to fix this, and I will install it (ample sound martin r2r) again to try.
    Thank you for your response and advice.

6. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

OK, I have tried it for the last time; there is a "total sample start time" knob up to 50 ms, and yes the latency drops after fixing the knob to 50 ms, but there is still enough latency to make it unusable in playing. My computer is slow and that may be the reason, so I am giving it up at least until I get a faster computer.