Ample Sound crashes Ableton Live 9

Discussion in 'Live' started by Alpha0ne, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hi everybody.

I installed today Ample Sound's AGT

But i tried with both versions (1.1.2 and 1.6.0). As soon as try to play a sound with PC keybord in Ableton Live or try to tweak some knobs on the AGT gui while it plays some recorded midi data
    it freezes the whole DAW, so I have to end the whole process via task manager. I am on Win7-64bit 8GB RAM and using x86 version of Ableton Live. If anyone has same isues or has a fix for it, I would appreciate it.
    Thnx in advance.

3. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Did you tried to run your DAW as Administrator? Also check you graphic card if there's any drivers updates to try in case the first option didn't worked.

4. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Evorax. I have an account as an administrator. No other accounts beside. I have the latest driver of MSI GTX 760 OC/TF.

5. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

It's not about the accounts beside, it's about UAC which makes some problems sometimes. Try to right click your exe and "run as administrator" your Ableton Live 9 and re-test the AGT and see if it crash again, because i faced a similar problem with "MusicLab RealStrat Guitar" in the past on Win7x64 too which freezed/crashed my DAW, then after i ran it "as administrator" suddenly fixed the problem. I don't bet for the same situation, but at least it's a less test in your list.

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Ample sound guitars crash & sound off beat in Ableton 9.1.1. They work like a charm in Studio One.
    IMO Guitars and my version of Ableton aren't fully compatible but don't know why. Have a nice day

7. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Evorax. I tried it like you said, but no way.

Thnx anyway.