Amp Modelling are they reliable?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by jefft, Jul 27, 2018.

1. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I scored a great deal on my preowned Kemper, it's an unpowered one that goes directly into my interface via SPDIF. It's excellent for recording purposes, and also very convenient having thousands of high quality amp profiles at your fingertips. Costs soon mount though when you add remotes, power amps, cabs, FRFR, etc.. It would be nice to have all the trimmings, although I would probably just get a tube amp for goofing around :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  3. jefft

jefft Producer

Thanks for all your input, I finally got my practice amp, I went for a Fender Mustang GT40, loud enough for practise and very versatile.... hopefully it will prove reliable. First thing I do is empty all the cruddy presets, and start designing my sounds. As for all the internet reviews saying that the unit sounds boxy is a myth. That may be so with the early firmware, but the new updates with global EQ solve any doubts, all in all so far ten out of ten. Thanks for the input.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

try "peavey revalver 4" my favorite

5. jefft

jefft Producer

The reason for a Modelling amp, is to be portable around the house, to escape from the chains of a DAW, I already have revalver on my DAW, along with several other guitar modelling software programs, and a hardware POD HD bean and a Digitech 360, but thats for recording. What I've got is a unit with a handle on it that I can plug a guitar into and use around the house.

6. m1watch

m1watch Noisemaker

I'm finding the boss katana head to be amazing tbh.

7. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Now you can record your Fender and still turn it into a different amp sound if you want. Mic it and run it direct. Then you can monkey with it any way you want. I think most modeling does a good job of sounding like what it says. I turn my Fender DeVille into a Mesa or a Marshall on occasion.:metal::drummer: