Amigo Sampler VSTi by Stekker & PotenzaDSP released

Discussion in 'Software News' started by grounder, Mar 22, 2024.

1. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Renoise Redux. I think its only one track per instrument, but the entire tracker is right there in a VSTi..

2. liquidlove

liquidlove Ultrasonic

I grew up playing games on the C64 and Amiga (500). I was just a kid back then, so trackers (MOD music) definitely interested me, and I messed with them a bit - but couldn’t really come up with anything worthwhile. I was probably missing sound sources and obviously didn’t own any gear.

C64 and SID was its own thing, but boy did the Amiga have a beautiful sound to it!

I’ve been recently getting heavily into jungle / d&b (again), and been watching these jungle tutorials on YouTube. Folks using actual Amiga 1200 trackers, AKAI and E-MU samplers and rack ROMplers.

The PS2/Dreamcast era consoles had also some super dope jungle / d&b in everything. Very nostalgic for that too!

I’ve been experimenting with a few of those tricks, like sampling just one note from a rack ROMpler pad (Roland or Korg), then turning that into a moving poly d&b pad - which then goes through Decimort 2. I gotta say, it sounds pretty decent!

But I need to try this one out too. Not a fan of that garish GUI (I know, it’s supposed to look like it would’ve back then)!

3. leonid2202

leonid2202 Newbie

You can freely customize the colors to your liking

4. Zoketula

Zoketula Guest

Got a beefed up A500 and Amigo has pretty much the same sound. Works fine with a HD4000 gpu. Next thing would be to use an emu, but that's kinda lame. Revisit sucks.Trackers and linear midi were crossed like a rhino and a dog and the freak child is called Renoise.
    It's currently 80 credit units incl. tax, and free upgrade to 4.4 (if that ever will exist).