AMD RyZEN benchmarks (leaked) and prices

Discussion in 'PC' started by Von_Steyr, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

oh boy.. after a lot of waiting for the parts to arrive, finally everything is here and tested.
    I am super happy TBH, the system runs pretty fast with no problems at all at Win10.

i am now at 4Ghz at 1.4v running flawless, tried to go for 4.1 but crashed, i didn't pushed it as much as i would like.
    Very good temperatures with Enermax Liqmax II 240
    Idle at 33 Celsius and under load up to 56 after some stress tests with full fan speed. i want to note that this is the real temperature since Ryzen known to have a +20C offset.

Taichi x370 is a piece of beauty, very hard to find and was the reason i was waiting for so long.
    The BIOS however could be better, few things that can ruin your day -ie. when you are overclocking and changing a value everything resets- but if you want a set and forget option is very good.
    WiFi AC is good with the right drivers and a good modem to handle 5Ghz, like my Asus AC66U.
    BIOS i think is something to be fixed and not really a thumbs down from me but for sure from a serial overclocker.

The Fractal design R5 is love at first sight, also the included fans, very quiet even at max speed.
    i would like to have 2 140 though in front input. For now i use it as push pull for the radiator, will def get one more.

The RAM now... cant say much here, cannot really understand the differences in speeds and timings, benchmark aside going from its native 2400 to 2666 gave a little boost in numbers. If i understand the difference? Hell no!
    However it is said that better RAM is in favor of Ryzen due to infinity fabric way of work.
    It is compatible and 32gb, that's enough for me.

The Samsung 960 didn't make any dramatic improvement compared to my 840 Pro which supposed to be x4 faster.
    You can see a slightly difference but not day and night performance you would expect from numbers.

Here are some benchmarks i run for you to compare.

Did't have the time to make music yet, but from some videos i rendered seems pretty stable.

If i recommend it ?
    Go for it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List

Attached Files:

2. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@Unirorm
    Hey mate, you finally received the pieces and it's up and running! Great news :like:
    Nice to see you got that extra 10% OC too, even with a relatively early, immature bios. I read many x370 mobos still have some trouble oc'ing, but it will only get better with newer bios revisions. The only thing perhaps missing from this "smoking" build is the glass side window for some eye candy hehehe. You can always mod that of course in the future, the important thing is you have a new great build !
    Fek, i have sold my x99 build and now i'm left with a 6700/z170 as main machine, waiting for Naples to arrive (rubbing hands with a devious smile lol).
    Intel needs some pushing around lol, they have been practically without competition for a freaking 10 years or more and they have been milking like cows consumers and pros alike all this time. Thankfully AMD is back in the game and Intel will now have a hard time mocking us with pitiful incremental upgrades as they have been doing all this time. And judging by their IDF17 being cancelled and then announced discontinued, they are trying to devise a "strike-back strategy" imho. What kind of strike back will this be i wonder, looking at how their 3dxpoint new products suck and blow lol, they are in for a hard time as it seems. It is also amazing how most major websites putting these to the test have changed all testing/benchmarking procedures to make the 3dxpoint Intel SSDs look good. Mehhhh...No mention how just last year Intel was announcing 1000x faster,1000x more capacity and endurance etc and close to ram speeds when the final product released is nowhere near ram speeds and for 95% of the scenarios at real world use gets its ass kicked from Samsung's 960pro NVME and other nvme drives as well. Sorry for this subject deviation but i needed to let it out hehe.
    Call me if you like mate, let's drink some coffee or something :)
    Cheers

3. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

Now it's BIOS Version 2.3 the message i posted was on 2.00 the guys are running there and the problem i mentioned is already gone...
    My 2400 can clock even higher up to 2993 now.

Will be very interesting to see what will follow in the computer world after this, i would like to see more to jump out in game, the more the better in prices and regarding quality products i believe.
    The truth is that intel will not let this pass easily and i hope that they respond in terms of price/ quality and not hits under the belt like we 've seen with Ryzen

Example: Intel Allegedly Playing Dirty To Undercut AMD’s Ryzen

@taskforce
    Looking forward for Naples too bro, as soon as i bring my sleeping times back to normal will call for a beer. :wink: