AMD RyZEN benchmarks (leaked) and prices

Discussion in 'PC' started by Von_Steyr, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

2. Antikythera Mechanism

Antikythera Mechanism Ultrasonic

Actually i don't know what is happening further, but the title seems a bit exaggerated. I don't understand English well.

3. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

I am still on 2600K, never thought I would consider my next CPU might be AMD.

4. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

I'm waiting till far more results are in, been bitten by AMD 3 times through the years, and am not keen to do it again.
    That said, it will be a year or two before my next upgrade, so plenty of time for the dust to settle over who is on top!

5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I went the pentium route after phenom and now i will probably go back to amd.
    Redefining music production on a budget, power for pennies-a Von Steyr trademark.:cool:

6. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Im with you bro ive been using both Intel and AMD for years... i have good builds from both side's but been waitin on Zen for some time now \m/ its gona be the Best $500 spent on a chip thus far haha ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Ill drink to that buddy :cheers:
    BTW, those are some bad ass diffusers on your wall.

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

9. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Well, this is pretty much a nail in that coffin for me as I steadfastly refuse to upgrade the OS. I realize this will be mandatory in the coming future, but I'd like to stave it off as long as possible. Still going to wait as it will likely drive the current Intel pricing down. Unless I fall into some $ unexpectedly.

10. digitaldragon

11. GODSanAI

GODSanAI Kapellmeister

Supposed to be a great workstation value chip, but weak on gaming. However, if you're gaming at 1080p and above and have a mid to high end GPU it shouldn't matter much. Wish they had some DAW related benchmarks. If it does well on rendering it'll most likely do well with DAWS I'm hoping. It lived up to the hype for me minus one glaring weakness, it seems like it overclocks like shit. Still, it's a new arch so Ryzen should only improve from here. I'm still running a 4770k and a 4790. Should be good for a couple years, but hoping to build a Ryzen and Vega rig at that time. Here's a pretty good review...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3176191/computers/ryzen-review-amd-is-back.html

I'm curious about the Ryzen 5 series more than anything

12. DJSabreblade

DJSabreblade Ultrasonic

in some cases even the i7-4790K beats the fastest 8 core by 15fps in multi-core gaming..! something to consider..

of course if you're talking about 4k rendering thats a different story.

13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Real common user tests should be available soon.I still hope it will work fine with windows 7, otherwise i will stick to Pentium.

14. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

Q: if this makes intel chips cheaper, will apple reduce the price of their macs?

A:[​IMG]

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I think you can easily play all modern games on ultra with it, though im primarily interested in ryzen for my workstation-music production.

16. DJSabreblade

DJSabreblade Ultrasonic

I'm sure you could, but its not the all in knockout it was purported to be. it doesn't blow away intel 8 core or anything.

17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Well im not paying 1k $ more for a 5% performance advantage.

18. Riansky

Riansky Kapellmeister

Well I'm not impressed. 1800x single thread processing is still lower then i7 4790k. So no ryzen for me.

19. digitaldragon

This would be the deciding factor, I think, for DAW performance. At least the version of Sonar I'm still using seems tied to that 1st core. No idea if it's using more threads within that core or not. I so need to set aside the time to upgrade Platinum to a more recent version to see if there is improvement with that. Phenom II was multi-threaded AFAIK.

20. DJSabreblade

DJSabreblade Ultrasonic

exactly. in some cases, my chip beats it. its quite disapointing, it could have meant the return of amd on top. last time they were good was in the amd athlon 64 days..