Am I the only one who thinks worst DAW's are the most used ones.

Discussion in 'DAW' started by ezbie, Jan 11, 2015.

1. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

"Content Removed"
    did i say u produce that kind of rap/hip hop/electro/techno/house/whatever shit?NO!
    did I say u u made a comparison? NO
    Are u going to spend new year s eve replying to things that weren t said to u?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  2. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

This is not an answer to,
    that's why I asked you to help me see past fl studio and drawn in notes as an art form...
    Remember a part where I said I don't like to argue because most of the time I have to spell out to a person his own self-contradictory arguments?

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

That not what we mean, if it's civil, we don't mind but when it become a flamewar we're not going to locked the thread, we will just removed the offending members that's all. Audiosex is all about free speech, nothing needs to be censored unless it's affects are terms of use(Rules). Thank you and hope you understand

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Amazing comment to a MOD if you consider you´ve been here since nov. 11. 2015!

5. Adrianus Antonius

Man oh man, you truly must be a man of reason, what's your real life thing? psychoanalysis I take it?

"No one asked you to compare anything to anything." you in general as a "group" compared pro tools to fl studio, so did I.
    "seem to have little evidence to back up you supreme knowledge. All you have done so far is name drop protools users " So none of the professional composers count? right? I've to "drop" some names of bedroom producers using Fl studio, right, that would make sense Pro Tools being industry standard and not being used by professionals but strictly by bedroom producers and in turn would consolidate Pro Tools as industry bedroom standard, right? Confusing? well that's your own reasoning, not mine
    "I dont use but you seem to think I do" you're replying to a quote which was a reply to a different person...
    "If i started feeling as strongly about my chosen daw instead of the music I was trying to make to the point I was ranting on here like you I would take a serious look at myself amigo." you definetely take a look at yourself amigo...

Edit: didn't see Mod's post, I'm done here.

6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Good choice!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  7. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Only 53 years old ..... then you could be my little brother!

Mods isnt Gods, they mod when its needed and thats all!

8. vson

vson Noisemaker

i been on acid pro since 1999 and i use it till this day.

9. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Protools is the industry's standard, because when you walk into a professional studio ready to spread your project files out across an SSL 4000 desk, and utilize all the outboard goodies, 98% of the time, you'll be using the studios MAC (another "standard") and Protools. That's all that that means. Microsoft Word is an Industry Standard. Microsoft Windows is an Industry Standard. Android OS is an Industry Standard.

Go to a home or project studio, you'll find a myriad of different software.

If you produce or mix professionally, you cannot - NOT - have Protools chops. Most likely you've been trained on PT. Because, if you work in L.A. in Studio A (for example), off Hollywood Fucking Blvd 4 times per week - PROTOOLS! Then, have to fly to Denmark to work with some new Indie-Electro-Pop group, you will be using - PROTOOLS on the studio's system or a rented one. Also, the proprietary selections of equipment to expand Protools functionality has already been proven, and just works. Doesn't sound better - just dependable; but when a studio is rented with upfront money, and a producer, mix engineer is hired by label, etc. that business model needs to function 100%, and Protools just filled the gap. It just is what it is. Work on some basic PROTOOLS chops so you at lease know how to get around in it a bit.

The new PT 12 HD release is perfect for new users to load up and tinker around. It might even help AVID sales. Usually, these audio warez releases, in some ways, help these companies by expanding the user base, and in turn, create learned users who - in turn - spread and promote the product. Never hurt Fruity Loops, only helped! ;-)

10. xXyr0x

xXyr0x Newbie

I know what you mean, and I defiantly agree with you on the Protools thing the only reason people use is because 10 - 15 years ago and before that it was the most stable and capable DAW so people stuck with it, not to mention large studios using it cause they brown nose AVID I really hate protools as a DAW and AVID as a company. I would try Cubase 8 or 8.5 a large improvement to the GUI and the way cubase works, In college I use cubase 7 and I hate it, at home I use logic Pro X and Cubase 8 and I really enjoy it. Even after saying this though at the end of the day they all do the same thing just in different ways, some are better at somethings than others such as midi sequencing; Fruity Loops and Ableton is far superior to Pro Tool's where as multitrack recording and mixing in Logic, Cubase and dare I say protools is much better than Ableton and FL. Personally I wouldn't let it bother you that much. They're just tools for music, I don't think carpenters argue this much over what manufacture of tool is better, they just use what they like using.

11. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Im using Logic since 1985. Formerly known as Creator, Notator and Notator SL for Atari Computers.

12. Teletoby

Teletoby Member

The worst daw i've ever tried is SawStudio

13. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Mate! List of professional composers doesn't end at film music. I personally had a big conversation via email with a 'professional' composer who writes soundtracks for RSM. He was interested to know what can be done in S1 which cannot be done in FL as he wanted to make a switch over. I won't name him, it was personal. Many kontakt libraries owners use FL whose samples we proudly use today. What does any of this means? End result / output! Anyway, I am hoping that I am addressing to a mature person who understands the meaning of 'difference in opinions' and respects it. If not, am really not interested in this juvenile debate of PT's superiority vs whole world or who uses what or what not. World does not end at or on PT or FL etc, there is more to it. Thank you for your understanding.

14. Adrianus Antonius

Honestly I have no f***king clue what any of that means.... I guess you've meant creators not owners.

You know professional composers using fl studio for scoring, I know none and honestly if I were looking for a composer I would skip the one who says he uses fl studio, because it sounds highly unprofessional, you know, you got to sync a video with a score, you have to manage multiple tracks, and so on and on, and someone chooses to do it on free will in fl studio?...
    There is nothing to argue, because you have no argument. Neither I would buy libraries made in fl studio, or are you implying that orchestral recordings were recorded and edited in fl studio for kontakt libraries?
    I guess I'm not mature enough to let such nonsense pass my ears by.... or are you saying many kontakt libraries owners re-sample those libraries and sell it as their own, that would be one hell of an argument... regardless which is it, both sound messed up and "we proudly", who is we....
    Different opinions, inconvenient truths...
    Yes I understand that a person probably scores to nothing and then sells those snippets, God bless him...

Use your super duper fruity DAW guys, score movies with it and don't quote me, because I don't want to come here to argue the obvious...

Here are the new truths:
    Fl studio beats the shit out of Pro Tools in Scoring and midi sequencing....
    Pro tools is only good for mixing.... the message understood...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  15. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Best regards....

16. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

I really have no idea of the point of this thread tbh. Adrianus Antonius the only one talking any sense in here but i guess that upsets people in audiosex.

17. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Whatever peoples arguments might be.
    The truth is, is that everyone has his/her own personal tastes when it comes to Daws.

Not one Daw is necessarily better than the other and every Daw can produce the sound that you personally want it to produce!

It's a personal taste and each and every one of us will spend time getting to know the Daw that inspires us most.