Alternatives for Sample Magic's Magic AB

Discussion in 'Software' started by Triple, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Triple

Triple Member

Hi!
    Can you recommend plugins with similar functions to those in the Magic AB plugin by Sample Magic?
    I want to load such plugin on the master channel and be able to 'do AB' between the track I work on and a bunch of reference tracks (also I'd like to read the RMS values of reference tracks)

Before I buy such plugin, I'd like to test different alternatives to the Magic AB

cheers!

3. relexted

relexted Producer

*no* to my knowledge there are no alternatives, when it comes down to a plugin
    The number one alternative is just to load up some tracks in separate audio channels to compare.
    Pull down the volumes and use a metering plugin. should not be different. I used to do so all the time back in the day.

4. colejack

colejack Member

you might want to check out Mcompare from melda
    i havent checked it myself

5. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Can't you do that in the Standalone Ozone 6 app?

6. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

You can use free ReaPlugs vst plugin version on reaper website there's one called A/B matching, a js script , works really well, there's another too I think
    One uses rms and the other the new ebu r128 that matches to the human ear response
    This is great not just for different tracks but hearing what effect a plug is really doing to your sound as we all know louder always sounds better
    You can also run a copy of the track your working on alongside, on another track on any daw and set one to mute then when you solo it, it switches off the other one playing so you can switch them but you need to manually adjust one tracks level to match with this method

good tutorial to use the Reascript method here
    http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/blog/ab-level-matching-tutorial-using-free-plug-ins

7. digrev

digrev Noisemaker

Melda production Mcompare ...way better than sample magics a/b - has auto leveling to match levels of ur track against other automatically
    and like 4 slots to compare other audio sources, dislplays waveform, loop points to loop certain portion of audio, sync function to sync playback with your daw has m/s and stereo width metering. I was actually surprised the level of functionality while still being simple to use.
    Melda has a lot of these under the radar plugs.