Alternatives for NI Battery (macOS)?!

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by DOPFunk, Jan 19, 2021.

1. DOPFunk

DOPFunk Newbie

With the recent release of Silicon Macs I finally jumped ship and purchased a real macbook.
    Now I've been running into issues with Battery ever since the release of catalina. Last working version is 4.1.4 and I cant load up projects that were created on 4.1.6 on Mojave and so on.

Its time to move on, so do you guys have suggestions for a (maybe free?) alternative to battery?
    Would need an implemented file browser (with preview), In and Out, ADSR, Loop, basic High and Lowpass filter and Multi-Output, everything else will be done in post.

3. Polomo

Polomo Guest

https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/drum-sampler

most of your list would be
    Speedrum lite (no browser but the rest is ok but your DAW should have also a good one(Browser) )
    if I looked right

Paid One
    NI Maschine 2 Software seems also like a good alternative . (not free )

implemented file browser (with preview), In and Out, ADSR, Loop, basic High and Lowpass filter and Multi-Output :like:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2021
  4. xxtrash

xxtrash Newbie

I got the same problem. I am on a Macbook Pro M1 and i managed to get all the plugins i need to work except battery 4.1.6. I could extract those .component and the .vst files and paste them manually in library/audio/plug-ins/...... but it will always start as a demo. Can someone point me in the right direction? I dont think that maschine 2 is an alternative, because your Midi-Keyboard will online play 1 Sound. You can't map 1 sound to a key on the keyboard.... Or am i wrong???? If i can switch to that mode, then i don't need battery ever again.

5. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Buckethead

Buckethead Member

Yes of course you can do that.

For my Komplete Kontrol M32 I need that setup (Group => Input => Drumkit).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. xxtrash

xxtrash Newbie

No way man!!!!!!! Thanks a lot. So this is finally my solution. I don't need any other drum sampler. Maschine is perfect. For me it was "Key Mode" -> "Manual". Man thanks a lot. I can now open my songs and just replace battery with maschine, choose my drumkit and set "input" "key mode" to "manual"! Or for new Projects i have to set Key Mode to "Drumkit".

I will sleep like a baby tonight :)

8. Buckethead

Buckethead Member

Glad I could help ;)

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

TAL DRUM is awesome Battery style drum machine. I still have Battery working just fine on Mojave, and I rarely use it anyway.

I use Falcon Drum Designer frequently, Logic Drum Machine Designer with breakbeats, but I recently have gotten into the habit of using Kick2 for my main Kick, Snare, and Closed HH channels separately. Rob Papen Punch 2 is great. And then the usual SD/AD/EZ for kits. And of course, all the Roland Cloud machines.

10. eyngii2

eyngii2 Member

I think there is another drum sampler you will find interesting ;)

https://decomposer.de/sitala/