Alternative to Ni Kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by nunziaforum, Dec 28, 2015.

1. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

Friends Hi anyone knows a good alternative of the legendary NI Kontakt, ? with the difference that allows me to import any sequence, phrasing or MIDI, so 'as to sample in each composition, and then change the sound at will with any VSTi Sinth :)

3. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

4. neo lover

neo lover Kapellmeister

I use Battery for all my sampling tasks - in conjunction with Logic Pro X - You can import audio - You can use your Daw to play back midi parts - ?

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

ableton sampler and simpler, but there is no real alternative as kontakt is perfect.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

They are excellent but I should use them in Cubase VST :(

7. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

Isn't motu Mach five 3 (and possibly uvi falcon) able to load kontakt patches? It also has synth capabilities.

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

much more powerful? totally disagree. kontakt's scripting capabilities are the best available in any sampler - hardware or software. maybe machfive can be considered one of the top three soft samplers though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Myself... Im a Kontakt user since the first version was released years ago. Was also a GS and GVI user (Tascam Sampler for Giga-format) and have tested a few others like Engine etc. (not UVI Falcon) and I must admit that thereĀ“s no real alternative to Kontakt, especially if the library developers do a propper scripting job.

So: Kontakt is the only "sampler" these days that can do the job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. GuestStar

GuestStar Ultrasonic

Myself I started with Gigasampler more than 10 years ago. At this time Gigasampler was the best. Than I started with Hallion but I found out that in the meantime nobody can compete with Kontakt. So there many alternatives but not at this level.
    The most daw supplier haves an alternative but not at this level. After Kontakt the second choice would be Hallion from Steinberg.

13. oldskoolproductions

oldskoolproductions Producer

You can Use Halion From Steinberg. It will also allow you to preview midi files within the plugin (Which Kontakt does not)....
    But I still prefer NI Kontakt. Although... I have only been waiting 6 years for Native Instruments to release Kontakt 6... But I'm just being bitter... because I keep looking at the same GUI everyday for the more then half a decade...
    You can try Falcon and Halion or Sampletank... But Kontakt is still the best overall Sampler.

14. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

"oldskoolproductions" Wow I tried importing phrasing midi Halion 5 but did not succeed, could you give me some details? I would like to succeed :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  15. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Game , Set, Match.... Kontakt for the win. I've tried em all , MACH 5 is pretty good i admit but too proprietary with there libraries there are an endless spectrum of possibilities with Kontakt

16. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

If I well understand your wishes (or I could be wrong ! :dunno: ), it seems to me that you should rather have a look at any 'MIDI Sequencer' and/or any 'Sample Player' which supports 'VST Format' at its 'Output', then use it for load any of the 'MIDI' Sequences, Phrases and/or Samples you want, then add any 'VSTi Synth Instrument(s)' you want (including 'Kontakt', if desired) to play all your musical stuff with any sound(s) you like at the output... :yes:

17. nospectre

nospectre Member

exactly. standalone samplers, though can be useful, what you're better look into is getting a daw to play the midi parts and export if needed. then you don't need to replace kontakt. which is THE best period

18. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

It claimed that it is also a sampler, the important thing that manages to import any .mid sequence to play them with VSTi favorite, adapting to the BPM of the composition :)

19. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

Kontakt has become like MS Word . . . bloated and uninspiring. Yet, there are a zillion libraries for it, and it's the industry standard (just like Word). TAL Sampler is cool, but it's retro and not for everyone (although I dig it). I think there's a need for a simple, yet powerful sampler that does all the basic cool stuff and is flexible, affordable, and easy to use. Anything from MOTU is going to be powerful and have a 600 page manual. That's not the ticket that will get me where I want to go! I'd like to see ToonTrack, d16, Sonic Charge, Fab Filter etc. come up with something streamlined.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. m2314

m2314 Member

my main issue with Kontakt is in order to get deep into it you have to learn a scripting language, which drags you away from music... If they had a simpler way to access the depth of it without extensive scripting knowledge I would dedicate time to creating instruments instead of simply tweaking and layering presets

21. sexyman

sexyman Ultrasonic

refx nexus can replace it

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List