Alternative to Ilya Efimov?

Discussion in 'Software' started by iluvhiphop, Jan 16, 2022.

1. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

I was recently cleaning up my kontakt libraries and was surprised to see that I've thrown nearly all guitar libraries out exept for Ilya's stuff from 2013. These things are nearly a decade old, so surely there must be better alternatives? Namely, LP Electric Guitar.

I haven't tried much else except Orange Tree samples, Musiclab, and perhaps others I don't remember. I like all the options in Orange Tree Samples, but the dynamic range is very low, you can't play it very quietly, or very hard, and generally it sounds too perfect.

What I find it that Ilya's stuff just works on the midi keyboard, and, subsequently, is easy as pie in the piano roll. You play it, and it sounds amazing straight away.

Is there anything out there at all that sounds as realistic as this museum artifacts?

3. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

What would be the technology that did not exist a decade ago and would be significant improvement for this kind of instruments?

I mean we have seen modelled accoustic instruments but why do you think 9-10 years ago the samples couldn't be top notch?

Since then you could find Kontakt libraries on steroid with more mic positions but the main method hasn't really changed. Except some more complex adaptive legato scripts for orchestral instruments.
    For guitar libraries you may find more features but sound-wise Ilya can be hard to beat.
    You can always use different guitar EFXs from other companies. IMO

4. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Too Purrfect?
    That's saying a lot! :guru:

I also consider Efimov's guitars some of the Best I ever heard..
    (Before Efimov's one of the best was maybe EW Gypsy, but I guess Efimov's supersedes it..)

So the only one that comes to mind is the newly liberated Omnisphere CL Nylon Guitar.. :yes:

Ofc each instrument will have its own sound/capabilities,
    but I'd say for some things it's probably technically even better/more refined..

-Besides, as a generic philosophical answer to the question..
    The only alternative to Ilya Efimov is.. Eduardo Tarilonte.

In fact legend has it they Sprouted from the very same Magical bean,
    but the winds of change separated them..
    And now they spend their time doing awesome sounding libraries for nerds like us.. :guru:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I've heard that some guitars are even older. But that's probably just hearsay. :winker:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Ample Sound LP Guitar.
    Not bad either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

the Vir 2 Acou6tic guitars still sounds pretty good i would say its a notch below EFimovs i would consider trying out Soundprops Guitar series bundle for kontankt here's the link https://soundprops.com/guitar-series-complete-bundle/ @Ŧยχøя u can try them out and see if u like it

8. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Well, being a Guitarist myself I really got no use for these libraries.. :wink:

The only ones I used scarcely are Orange Tree Lapsteel and Wavelore Glide 2,
    because well they have a special/unique sound, and for technical reasons is not that easy to get a proper Slide tone..
    (you need a Real miked Amp, POD HD/Software is not really cutting it.. imo)