Almost Final Mix ?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by R.S, Nov 10, 2017.

?

Do you like this track?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Love it!

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Trash!

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. R.S

R.S Producer

Tools used:
    Cubase
    Waves
    Gem
    Nugen Audio
    Fabfilter
    Slate Digital
    Nexus
    Stylus RMX
    Alchemy
    Roland D-50
    Korg M1

EVENT ASP8 Monitors
    Mackie HD1801 Sub

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Satai

Satai Rock Star

Beautiful!

If you give that mix to a good mastering guy, you could have something breathtaking. It really just needs a tiny little bit of warm up and a touch of M/S EQ from what I hear. Will sound bigger and more intimate at the same time.

If you want to send/post your mix just before any limiting, I'll post my version so you can hear what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. R.S

R.S Producer

If anyone want to try mastering my track I will post a mix for download...

5. R.S

R.S Producer

6. Satai

Satai Rock Star

Connection not working for me man. Try WeTransfer, wayyyy easier & you can password too I'm pretty sure.

7. R.S

R.S Producer

Send me your email adress..

8. Integral

Integral Guest

Man, i told you about arrangement.
    Your mix sound the same full 4 minuts with the same theme.
    You need good arrangement with change of ideas through the mix and culmination.
    It is boring.
    If you think it is 5 hours of work, it is not - it is few years of hardworking experience

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Satai

Satai Rock Star

10. Boosire

Boosire Producer

So repetitive

11. R.S

R.S Producer

12. R.S

R.S Producer

The arrangement is a copy of the original P!nk song.. I've been a professional musician since 1995, I just haven't done so much of producing.. see?

13. electriclash

electriclash Guest

14. Integral

Integral Guest

Copy? Where are the vocals? Unfortunately, your track without vocals.
    Then, check percussion and other elements. It is absolutely not a copy.
    Original song has changes and emotional flowing. And yours - is monotone song. After 1 minute of listening i can't listen it because it is the same pattern coming again and again. The second part of song usually include new synths etc, new emotionality growing into culmination.
    Just my view, no offence

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
  15. electriclash

electriclash Guest

here ya go bud

16. electriclash

electriclash Guest

current trance:

classic trance?:

look at the dynamics. where is your kick? I like your tambs on the l/r but in no way are they a focal point. Listen to where these mixes lie; can your mix hold?

17. electriclash

electriclash Guest

18. electriclash

electriclash Guest

{pvd put one of my tracks on a mixmag cover cd back when so I'll always love him :metal::rofl:}

19. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

A reflection... Kind of silly to read copmments on a thread like this. Dont take me wrong but in genres like this were most songs keep to the same bpm, uses the same keystabs in pretty much all song, just about the same arrangements, sounds, even the melodies is rather in the same reagion as the next one.. A guy does a mix that may or may not sound diffrent and then he gets beaten up for not sounding like all others.. Wrong Kick man, that snare dont sit right in the mix, it may continue like this.. But istn it a starting point? Didnt artists like Skrillex and others sound just "DIFFRENT". Sure they took sound designt and stuff to a new lvl but im pretty sure they didnt aim to sound like somone else.

The same when i started out in the early 80th, We didnt wanna sound like anyone else. We even tried to sound like shit. Just to stick out a little from the others. Yeah, pretty much finding our own sound. Today its ofc harder since pretty much all can create something sounding okej, even grandma can make a desent sounding song as long as she know how to play, (sorry its called beats today or??) and shes like 90. Ive lately found a great interest in vintage sound and genres like synthwave etc, i guess its mostly since its rather easy to transform my musical ideas from what im used to. I can write as a always have been and just convert into the "sound" i want. On the other hand i made a post with something a wrote and asked for advice regarding the sound of the drums. Since im a rock guy and was really struggeling on how to get that vintage 80 drum machine sound i asked for advice. and got some really good info.. very helpful.

damn, i dont really know why i write this but i guess that somehow advices on how to mix or create stuff could be a rather big step backwards instead of pushing someone to do better.. but yeah, its much harder to give someone nice cred without pointing fingers on the bad or not so good things. and sorry.. im an old guy so i pretty much blame all the young people for how music sounds today ;)

peace and love people..

20. R.S

R.S Producer

If anybody would like to master my track please let me know.. Thanks. :)

21. Satai

Satai Rock Star

Hey RS, got a vocal tip for you. You should load up the original track by Pink and run it through a M/S eq or tool like Dr.MS. Listen to the side channel over sections where there's vocals. It might be an eye-opener for you to just hear all the stuff that's going on there and how balanced/eq'ed it is, whereas in your mix there may hardly be anything there right now to fill it up and give texture. A lot of pokey elements in there though, being distracting. Not difficult to correct once you know what's up!

Audio example:
    https://clyp.it/miytaqjz

Check the details in the desc.