Allen & Heath Zed12x as audio interface ?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by blade81, Jan 26, 2019.

1. blade81

blade81 Noisemaker

Hi all! I have the problem using my Zed as interface. I want to use it as a recording and laso playback device. I am Studio one 4 user. I connected device via usb and i find it in my DAW and also enable it and i was starting to record some guitar tracks throw the Zed12fx. Everything was fine with the first track, but when i added a second track there was funny sound of my guitar, it sounded like doubled because of the playback on the Zed. This also happened to third track too. So it was not good. I also wanted to use headphones output on the Zed for the monitoring, but there was no sound on phones output at all. So what am i missing here? What am i doing wrong? Any experiences with the same devices? I also saw when i play guitar throw the Zed ther was signl on all 3 tracks, but when i switched the playback throw my laptop, everthing was normal again and there was no funny noises. There is a pic too so u can see the signals when i play huitar throw the Zed when the playback mode is also on zed. I hope u guys understood what i wrote here, pretty complicated lol.[​IMG]

3. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

This is question better asked on either the Presonus or Allen & Heath forums aye? As a registered user of both these products
    you're entitled to professional tech support. It's not likely that someone here has the answer you seek.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. statik

statik Audiosexual

how exactly are you do you want to use the mixer? FE: 1 channel to 1 track in your daw? caus that wont work, it only has stereo in/out over usb and that is from your main if i remember correctly

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@blade81 You need to configure correctly the input and output in Studio One and also have the correct routing in your Allen Heath. https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210042023

Under your led meters you have 4 switches.These 4 switches select the signal source for the headphones monitor and the meters. They work on a priority basis. If they are all up then the post-fade main L R signals will feed the monitor circuit, if USB and 2 TRK are pressed, then only the 2 TRK signals will feed the monitor circuit. The stereo option of pressing both AUX 1 and AUX 2 together allows Aux 1 to feed the left and Aux 2 to feed the right monitor circuit. This is useful if a stereo mix is set up using Auxes 1 & 2.

6. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Whoa! You got a disagree rating for advocating common sense. I have an A&H desk and I go straight to them for support. Even the forums are going to have more info than you'll find here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. blade81

blade81 Noisemaker

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=9f40da9874b7d67dfea12dc6b3e7462e&oe=5CBE74EC
    https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=76f30d510461b7a77194fffed82e1b8d&oe=5CB72305
    This is the setup at the moment, red markers on the zed are the what i use for outout, and the knobs that controls volume of the output. Can you draw on this pic of zed what should i do additionaly?

8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

You are right about that. However, I think the "disagree" resulted from second sentence in paragraph when he or she wrote: "It's not likely that someone here has the answer you seek".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

View attachment 14092
    Photo #1 Those are not your Main Outputs (do you need the manual?) Alternate Output is useful for connecting a pair of monitor speakers separate to the main outputs.

Allen  Heath Zed12x as audio interface.jpg

Photo #2 Those are not the INPUT/OUTPUT setups I was talking about. They need to be done while in song mode for each song. Did you watch the video I linked too?

(A different topic)
    I noticed that you checked "Exclusive Mode" You don't want to have it checked. It will prevent other audio applications from taking exclusive control of your Allen Heath driver

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  10. blade81

blade81 Noisemaker

I know that they are not main outputs, because at the moment i don't have any active speakers with xlr outputs, so i use at the moment those alt outputs, because my amp is equiped with that cable. And exclusive mode was allready enabled, should i disable it? And thx man for your replies

11. blade81

blade81 Noisemaker

I watched the video, but there are a bunch of outouts in the video, pretty complicated staff, don't know what to do...

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Easiest way to solve this: Send me a PM and I will guide you by video call if you don't mind, otherwise we are going to be here until year 2020. I only charge $100 per hour per technical support calls. :rofl: