All That Glitters

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by thepopenale, Feb 21, 2012.

1. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

3. exs1

exs1 Newbie

Nice! I like the breakdown. The overall mix sounds good to me.

4. Temixoch

Temixoch Newbie

U work fast man...

Again the arp melody is the part i like the most and also that raspy solo synth u play with sounds cool.

The lenght is ok not so short or long.Levels sound good to me(im no master guru)

Nice work man

5. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

This is a rare occasion! I reckon I put maybe 4-6 hours total into this track. I had everything I wanted in my head for once so it came together quickly. Usually I have 50% of a project done then I find it difficult to take it to the next level.

My fav parts the lead solos too, first time I really widdled live using the pitch wheel on-the-fly.

I agree with song length. There's so much electronic music that's stretched to 5-7 minutes without warrant or to suit DJ's who can't beatmatch fast enough :rofl:

Regarding the mix... I had to do a LOT of subtle EQ automation for different sections to ensure the elements sat well with each other, without compromising the individual sounds. I don't think its as clear as it could be, but for my expectations of my own ability, I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for the comments guys. :wink:

6. Torture

Torture Newbie

Nice one. Especially when you`re happy with it... what more can be gained than your own fulfillment in what you do?!
    In 4-6 hours? This is just great! Keep it up.

7. Rolma

Rolma Guest

The moon is getting scaring!