All Plugin Alliance releases removed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hans242, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

What happened to all Plugin Alliance R2R releases in Audioz? Why were they taken off the site? Can't find them anywhere...

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

DMCA request ? sometimes you have to be quick :wink:

4. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

yup, sometimes it's a blink and you miss it scenario, as SAiNT and Catalyst are completely and intelligently compliant with DMCA take down requests. Right thing to do! :wink:

5. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Thank you for the answers at first. Well, I would have no problem getting the releases. They are still spread across the whole net and you just need to google them. Apart from that I downloaded the 2015 release when it was still online. But there are some other questions connected to this however:

If DMCA can really force them to take these off the site completely, what if the other developers also make a DMCA complaint? Will all releases be taken off the site subsequently?

And a completely other reason I was asking this was that I really would have liked to discuss my problems with the release. Because after installing on my Mac I have run into some serious problems with crashes.

So I am glad I can ask these questions here. Are there users who tried and installed the new PA 2015 updates on OS X and who also worked with them? Did you encounter any strange behaviour of your systems?
    I would really like to know, because I can trigger these crashes by just having any of the Plugin Alliance plugins in my components or vst folders and opening Ableton Live or Logic Pro.
    If I take them out of te folders I have no more problems. This is really strange!

6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Mac's even crash with original software...

7. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

@Hans242, had the opportunity to test the 2015 release with my legit ProTools 10.3.9,

couldn't make it worked here (using only the Vitalyzer and Twintube), PT won't start with the RTAS files from thoses,

I don't know, maybe something went wrong with my Little Snitch...

so I didn't insist and revert back to a 2012 release from Ateam.

8. LunaX

LunaX Member

if it were upto me i would throw all the DMCA stuff into torrents - starting with @kickass..once the torrent file is up and it gets a seed box its impervious to DMCA pain :grooves:

only the page linking the torrent file can be DMCA-ed..the torrent file itself is immortal..

If OP doesn't mind he can send me a list of things he didnt find and I cam create a 2mbps seed box for him :wink:

9. WreakHavok

WreakHavok Newbie

Just torrent it. It's up on kickass