All Cherry Audio Plugins crash Cubase but not other DAW's

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by curness, Jan 27, 2023.

1. curness

curness Newbie

I get the message "digital signature of the object did not verify" with the location of a cubase folder connected to wintrust.dll. Cubase 12 then crashes any Cherry Audio Plugin but works on other DAW's.

Please can some download the wintrust.dll found the in the following directory so I can try and replace it to see if it works C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 12\Cubase12.exe.local

Or is there another solution please anyone can think of?

3. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

You can not use Cherry Audio Plugins with Team VR Cubase/Nuendo in general with ALL STEINBERG releases because of that wintrust.dll and there is no change or to download that dll because it is not about dll itself but certification problem... Team R2R described this problem in detail long time ago...
    Either go all the way Team R2R for Steinberg or forget about Cherry Audio Plugins.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. curness

curness Newbie

Thanks for your prompt reply Hennessey. If I do that is it likely I will have to spend a long time reinstalling Loops and Samples all over again?

Its a shame that Cherry Audio is the only problematic plugins that do this?

5. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

No problem bro.
    HINT!
    No need to reinstall loops/VSTSound just go away from Team VR and do a cleaning as Team R2R described in detail, and you are good to go. You can keep any VST/DAW/VSTSOUND etc, just read Team R2R instructions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. curness

curness Newbie

Sorry one last question. I will take the plunge but alot of uninstallation to do. Instrustions state as follows:

=> Funny list to make him busy :
    ABILITY, BitWig, FL Studio, KompleteKontrol, Maschine, MixBus, Orion, Reason, Renoise, Samplitude, Sequoia,
    PatchWork, PluginDoctor, MetaPlugin, jBridge, ViennaEnsemble, Waveform, AudioGridder

Do I have to uninsall the above to make them work and if not what will happen?

7. curness

curness Newbie

everything working well with R2R and now can play those lovely Cherry Audio Pluginsn - thank you