Alien In A Jar (+ audiosex community collab ?)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Aidene, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Midge F

Midge F Rock Star

Lovely idea that could go in all sorts of interesting directions.

First things first...maybe get a bigger jar, or let it loose in a Methodist church.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@Midge F interesting plot twist there :rofl:all ideas however tangential accepted :shalom:

.....the doors of the church suddenly burst open and a beam of intense light surrounds the preacher on the altar. He starts to rise miraculously into the air.....the stunned congregation have been praying for miracles for years....and now finally.....they stand in stunned silence as the small glass jar rolls all the way down the aisle between the pews. At the front of the church it comes to a halt, rocks back and forward slightly then ever so slowly the lid of the jar appears to unscrew itself.....the figure eases itself out of the jar and stands before them......."Hallelujah!" shouts one woman in the front row then immediately sinks to the floor having either been touched by God or fainted in fear. "Is it an angel?" whispers a man in the second row to his wife as she jabs him sharply in the stomach with her bible to shut up and remain silent. In the front row 103 year old Agnes Massie adjusts her thick rimmed spectacles while sitting in her wheelchair and thinks to herself, "That's no angel nor is it an alien! Looks like Buddy Holly to me!".....

(food for thought for @Lois Lane 's creative writing muse on how to somehow manipulate Buddy into the plot :drummer:)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

If one is to do a collaboration, then one should have a common idea to start with.

3D animation takes a lot of work... Editing videos or images is easier.
    Try to keep it simple!

You don`t need to come from another world to feel like an alien in this one.
    Alien in a jar reminds me a bit of Ghost in the Shell (1995).

One idea is for you to go around the city - church or wherever, and take pictures (cellphone) - or short videos - of lifeless things, anything "crazy" in this world, then create a montage using the effect in the first post. Have a friend film you walking around - in a hoodie - and then mix film with pictures in the montage.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  4. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@The Dude yeah agreed 3D modelling and animation is probably too long a stretch unless anyone has the skill, time and desire to invest. We have several people interested though up to know and working on ideas for the story line, artwork and some music as we firm ideas up.
    Aiming for the graphic novel and/or the video to go along with a series of music tracks for now.

5. Midge F

Midge F Rock Star

Superb, but turns out Buddy was a Tabernacle (love that word) Baptist. Either he/it was committing religious adultery or converting the congregation to New Zeta Reticulism. Either way, hopefully it'll get my musical juices flowing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Zeta Reticuli...check! Binary star system that is a both a colorful light show in the night sky as well as a hub of alien emigration.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Midge F

Midge F Rock Star

bob lazar.jpg

8. aschnt

aschnt Producer

If places are still open, I'd gladly see what I can come up with !

On another note while staying in topic, I highly recommend you the series "Scavengers Reign". As beautiful and mysterious as Nature itself :) !

9. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

I'm sorry, but that's how it associate with aliens for me :hahaha:

10. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@aschnt yeah definitely still open for anyone to add story, music, art, video etc.... I'll send you pm. Thanks :mates:

11. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

Thinking of having a 'audiobook' style narrated story to go along with music and graphic novel art ?????

Test video...

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Midge F

Midge F Rock Star

If it's not too tangential, maybe your little grey guy in a jar escaped from Wright-Patterson, before wreaking havoc on the local
    religious community.

13. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I heard Yoko Ono has some John Lennon stems you could use for this.

14. 0on3

0on3 Guest

" Are your project files in multitrack format , or no ??"

15. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@Midge F not tangential at all....could be very much on point! Sending suggestion over to @Lois Lane who is mocking up the storyboard ! Especially as the National Air and Space Intelligence Center is there and it is the Air Force and Defense Department's primary organization for strategic air and space threat analysis. Makes sense...why would you keep your secret aliens in the middle of the desert in Area 51 where every nut job with a tin foil hat is going to look for them when you can hide them in plain site in Dayton, Ohio? :wink:

Cool Orb track....didnt know that one.....and it was 30 minutes long and still got on to Top of the Pops!...that proves it then....my tracks dont have to be between 3 and 5 minutes ... always seems too short to me :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
  16. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@0on3 yes i can provide stems of my tracks if anyone wants to work with them in any way..... and hopefully those submitted from other Audioz members unless they send in completed tracks for the project.

17. Midge F

Midge F Rock Star

Wright Field/Wright Patterson has a history/mythology well worth checking out, as rich if not richer than Area 51. I mean we're really talking aliens in jars, etc at the infamous Blue Room. Bob Lazar has claimed nothing ET went down at Area 51, but, rather at the Area S4 (a subset of 51) about 15 miles south. If true it's a mindblower but a helluva story nonetheless. Maybe the truth is even stranger than fiction and as for The Orb on TOTP - legendary. Anyways, really looking forward to how this project unfolds.

18. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@Midge F fortuitous i chose Chillicothe to set the story in then.....didnt know about the history/mythology of Wright Patterson and the UFO links :)

19. Midge F

Midge F Rock Star

Bob Lazar interviews are a must listen. Even for a sample or two. As sampleworthy as this intro. Eeees a keeelah!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Sorry for the delay, all. I'm writing from a hospital bed after surgery yesterday and will need a few days to clear my head and through my discomfort. What I can forward to you right now is....

The gist of the story is that three friends who are aliens and are working on an encyclopedia entry about the human species of Earth are granted permission to travel here. They have a technology that enables them to assume the body and mind of an Earthling for no more than 20 minutes, anything over that and the subject can know the mind of the alien and can understand the highly advanced technology and location of the alien planet which is explicitly forbidden by law of the aliens for good reason. The three inhabit the bodies of Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and The Big Bopper and go over the mandated time limit. They are tracked in real time though with a latency of about 30 milliseconds, and when the alien military commander orders them to be shot down the three attempt to fall back into their own bodies. Two of the aliens are killed while still in their human counterparts but the third jumps in time but still has the mind of Buddy Holly as well as herself. It is dazed and confused and is wandering in the field in Chillicothe when Aidene finds him and puts him under glass. The big dark creature with the red eyes is his pet that came along with them and is looking for her master.

More to come...sorry for the delay!

Sincerely...Lois

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List