Alien In A Jar (+ audiosex community collab ?)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Aidene, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

I placed the jar on the nightstand next to my bed. It glowed with a soft extraterrestrial light erasing the shadows of the unknown on the walls of my room.

High on the hill, on midsummer's eve in Chillicothe, Ohio, we had spent several weeks gathering enough wood and discarded old furniture to build the fire. We were having the annual cookout and sleep under the stars despite the constant irritation of the ticks in the long grass and the ever persistent f**kin' mosquitoes.

The tiny alien was very easy to catch. I screwed the lid on the jar tightly having made sure there were enough air holes for him, her, or it to breathe....if in fact it did breathe? . Little did I know then what chain of events I had set into motion.....

Does anyone in the audiosex community want to join in a collab and together make some sort of multimedia project....a music album? a graphic novel/comic?, a story?, a video? an animation? etc......open to all ideas and suggestions. Just develop things together based on each others particular talents and create "An Alien In A Jar" project.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Thotu

Thotu Ultrasonic

Interesting. I liked the music and that poster too. I want to join for something new, but I don't have any idea.

4. PaulMix

PaulMix Noisemaker

I'm interested in this project. I'm mixer and master. Contact me. Greetings.

5. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@Thotu you can join in in any way you want....add some music ideas/motifs/stems/tracks, some artwork maybe, video ideas if you can, write some of the "story" about the alien in a jar....feel free to be creative etc.....lets see what people we can get together with different skills and we will co-ordinate together and make 'a project' ....at the very least we can make a collection of music tracks.....hopefully if we develop a full story and artwork we can make an online graphic novel or even a video to illustrate some of the music etc. Drop me pm and we can talk about it more...

@PaulMix good and thanks...will send a pm

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

[​IMG] My grandfather Burton Stevenson was not only the mayor of Chillicothe, Ohio but also was the original founding member of the Buddy Holly Fan Club. I think that it would be great to dedicate this project to his esteemed memory.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@Lois Lane absolutely...it's a done deal ! We will !

I spent some summers on that hill in Chillicothe for a while....so that part about the geography, the ticks and the fire and sleep outs is autobiographical :)

I would wager you could come with some very interesting story ideas about our tiny alien friend to base everything upon :wink:. We could even include Grandpop Burton in the story ??? And if you wanna go really out there Buddy Holly too :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Buddy Holly is the alien in the jar and you'll never believe how it happened.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@Lois Lane I've been known to have my fair share of gullible moments.....go on test me....i may believe it even if thousands wouldn't :)

10. reticular

reticular Kapellmeister

My abduction story could translate well on that pretty slick looking artwork! I´m interested in how that MiB storyline continues for sure, i can also ad some super wierd tape FX samples to some sort of a shared folder, google drive type thing.

please, give that alien a cookie and dont erase your memory on accident ;)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

I actually live and gig near Chillicothe, OH. Very interested in the project, I have experience with many creative technologies.

Lately we have seen a large dark black creature with red eyes that kinda runs and hops very quickly across the fields at night. Several people have seen it, however no one has seen it clearly enough to know what it is. We have also experienced unexplained things in the sky at times.

If you need local Chilli feedback about this place, I live about 6 miles south of town.

12. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@reticular they sound great! glad you're on board with the project and thanks for the link to the google drive. PM sent :like:

@Burninstar great local knowledge! ...should come in really useful for a storyline as we develop it...as does your experience with the 'red eyed creature of the fields'. I'm sure we can include something like that and local details in the plot. And your creative technology experience....does that stretch to graphic art/design/animation/video production or things like that? I'd like to develop the graphic novel idea like I did in the introduction post or even better video of some sort. Of course music for a story 'soundtrack' album and the story itself will be the basis of going forward initially. Will send you a PM.....

(and I'm very jealous of you being able to nip into a local Skyline Chili and get some 5-Way .....i miss it and have even tried to make my own but can't the recipe quite right :rofl:)

13. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Large dark red eyed creature...check!

14. jackspost

jackspost Newbie

beautiful art! for myself I am moon addicted. May I can add some photography or a guitar tuning in any style to the project.

15. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

@jackspost thanks! Check PM......photography and guitar will be more than welcome.

16. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

Alien 3D models, just in case...you need Daz3D software (free) and the respective genesis figure to be able to pose-animate.
    For inspiration only...

https://render-state.to/?s=alien

17. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

18. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

NightCafe Creator is an (free...) app that lets you create stunning AI art from text prompts or random images.

https://creator.nightcafe.studio/

[​IMG]

Maybe, this can useful as a starting point for a storyboard, just like you did in the first post...
    Members without any knowledge of CG can also participate (sign up to a free account).

Also, you could use chatGPT to create a story and use keywords (text prompts) to create images in Nightcafe creator for you...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

Thanks for the tip I have not used this one yet, I have been using Leonardo For a while now and enjoy checking all of them out. Thanks again.

20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I'll meet you out back in the alley in 5 minutes...knuckles or knives?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

Several people are getting involved in various ways so thats great....and thanks !

Does anyone want to take the stems from this 'atmosphere' and edit, mix up, add more instruments etc to turn it into a track for the project?

PM me and I'll put them in a dropbox...

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List