Alesis Guitarlink USB Guitar Cable

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by westfinch, Jan 9, 2015.

1. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

Has anyone used this product successfully? I had it working for awhile, then it went back to the very loud humming sound I bagan with. I purchased the Alesis Guitar Link just to use with my laptop while away from my recording gear at home. It has progressively become worse. My laptop has a Realtek soundcard and I am using it with both Amplitube and Guitar Rig. I did have it sounding decent at one time, but it has become pure dreck recently. Loud humming, feedback, even no sound at all. I had the beeping tone (like a garbage truck backing up) for awhile too. I also had some latency issues with it, but adjusted them thru ASIO4ALL. That worked for awhile, but now, if I get a sound, the latency issue will appear for no reason after a few minutes. Any ideas?

3. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

I finally gave up on the Guitar link, bought a 1/4" to 1/8" mini adapter, and plugged into my microphone jack. After a few adjustments on several settings, I am getting a clean sound and NO LATENCY! After more tweaking, I should have it close to what I need without all the noise, crackling, and distortion. Not bad for $5!