Alchemy question (looping troubles)

Discussion in 'PC' started by VIVIsect, Oct 9, 2011.

1. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

So, I just picked up the new release of Alchemy, and so far I'm really loving it, but I seem to have run into one small issue and it's bugging the hell out of me. I read through the manual and searched online, but no luck. Figured maybe someone here can help me out.

The problem is when I import a sample (a pad sound for example) and loop it, there's a click at the loop points, and it just doesn't loop very smoothly, regardless of how much I adjust the loop points. Kontakt, for example, has an "X-Fade" feature that helps smooth out the loop points. My question is, does Alchemy have anything similar to that at all? It would be a bit strange (to me, at least) if it didn't. Even Reason's samplers have a "Cross fade loop" option... Am I just completely overlooking something?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks. :wink:

3. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

I didn't use Alchemy yet so I dunno if there is a way to get rid of those "clicks", but I guess you can previously edit your samples (zero crossing) in a sound editor like Wavelab or Sound Forge to get perfect loop points. But I admit this will not be an easy task with some pads...

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

hmm i never get such clicks!
    updated yesterday to 1.2.5 with all sound packs and also the pther old stuff from 1.12 AE ;)
    any specific preset u have the problem?!

5. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

^ I'm not referring to the presets. I'm referring to importing my own samples and manually looping them in Alchemy's sample/loop editor. *yes*

@Lord Gaga - Thanks! I thought about that as well. It'll still be time consuming, but it'll probably be easier than trying to work with Alchemy's loop editor. The window in that thing is so small, and the waveform it displays is not very precise at all, IMO. Man, I wish they would have just included a simple "cross-fade loop" option! It would have made life so much easier! lol

All in all, I'm still loving Alchemy, though. It's a great little synth!