Albion III ICENI Darwin Percussion - annoying Orange Drum click?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by M-Art, Oct 4, 2019.

1. M-Art

M-Art Noisemaker

I'm trying to work with a multi instrument that has the Orange Drum in it, giving a nice top end to the overall sound, but... there's one annoying click that I keep hearing, seemingly on random hits...
    Does anyone know what I might be talking about and is it possible to remove it? I'm new to Kontakt, so not familiar with how to go into more depth..
    Is it even possible to pick out parts of samples like that?
    I'm not even sure where to start looking for the "problem", tried getting into the editing system, but it's just overwhelming.
    Any help would be appreciated, that click is really bothering me in the overall sound. Thanks!

3. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Can you post a sample of the click? I'm playing around with mine and I can't seem to find this issue. Using legit version2.4 I believe.

4. M-Art

M-Art Noisemaker

Yes, here it is: *removed link*
    The "Full" is the entire multi and "Single" is the Orande Drum alone. You can hear the "click" on random hits. I find it really distracting.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  5. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Mine sounds exactly like yours. Are you talking about the double hit that comes in on the right speaker during the pattern? If so I think it's the patch since there are two drums playing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Mine too. Imho this is not an artifact, its a "clip peak" from the drummer's stick. Sounds to me like a very fast drummer flam in there that they kept within the recording.

7. M-Art

M-Art Noisemaker

Thanks guys for your answers... I guess i'm gonna have to take it out of the mix if it can't be helped... pity.

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I've gone through all notes and dynamics on the Orange Drum. I could only find some flam hits that might sound like what you are describing, but these are normal. That's how it sounds when you flam.
    If you could post an example (again) or say the note and the velocity it would be easier. Maybe I missed some stick hits, but I don't think I did. Those would really stick out (pun intended).

9. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Sometimes the articulation isn't the best for the purpose, sometimes the imperfections keep it from sounding fake as fuck

10. M-Art

M-Art Noisemaker

Yeah it did sound like a stick noise and I found velocity to have no effect. It happens on random hits no matter the velocity, or even the mic choice...