AKAI S3200

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by wasgedn, Sep 10, 2018.

1. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

first check out what board bro...:mates:
    -------------------------------------------
    p204 port on s3200....for what is that..i cant find out damn..similar port on s1100 could be for cpu boost card...are there any cpu boost cards out there in common ?

2. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=13ZeyUq1WUTMUS_kztk5c0a-KSJ87HZeE

3. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

if you cut rest flat-wire long enough you dont need to solder backlight foil at s3200....you can bend it right..

on s1100 you must solder

after changing foil at s3200 the inverter started singing...very quite but yes...and it was not a big light enhance with backlight foil...i thought its better...
    my s1100 fully loaded have inverter broken i found out now......
    so i will get new lcd's

4. kims

kims Kapellmeister

you forgot to mention the price on the s1000KB, which i had back then...as I remember I bought it ยด94...damn it was expensive and heavy and filled the whole livingroom :)

5. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

how you asexxers record drumsynth with best signal-to-noise ratio...
    i record with rec gain knob switched to low gain on the back and on front panel the rec gain rotary knob is on 12-2 o clock
    drumstation gain on round 75%

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

You are recording in 24-bit so it doesn't matter. I usually adjust the output gain on a sampler so it reads to about -6 dB at peak in my DAW. Depending on what I want to achieve, though. I might set the output gain a bit higher so it saturates the audio more. Sometimes I overdrive the mixer, or the compressor, too, and lower the gain on my audio interface. :wink:

Anyway, I came here because I just got reminded of a little but oh so useful utility that I use called OmniFlop. It reads and writes all kinds of floppy disks and floppy disk images: Akai, Roland, Ensoniq, Atari... many, many different formats. Very useful tool when you have old samplers. You can use floppies for sample transfers if SCSI is not available, it's faster than over MIDI... :wink:

- Sent from Windows XP - :) [which I don't usually do]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

"Read, write, and format Ensoniq Mirage (440kB) - fixed in v2.01p."

@SineWave THANKS! I had no idea this existed!

*Awakens the 8-bit beast for a stroll down memory lane*

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It's the shizz, ain't it? :) My old XP is fuuull of surprises. Even I don't know all the stuff I have installed in it, and they're generally portable, or even command line programs, that do miracles like this. :wink:

Mirage filter... niiice. :wink: I worked with it for a short while. Casio FZ-1 has a great sounding filter, too.

Korg DSS-1 has an incredible analog filter. It's a beast of a sampler. :drool:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

INDEED
    and its 8 bit grid on basslines are stunning

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

now you identity will get stolen ,youre puter will explode after streaming radical dark net armys and so on..
    :mad::hillbilly:

11. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

omniflop is very cool....but you cant copy akai OS's with out license...the email doesnt respond anymore...you did get the license for free...
    but i should have read akai manual first he he...its pretty elemental easy part in akais to just copy OS from hardware to floppy disk..voila

before christmas the akai marked kind of exploded lol...not good...couldnt sell the first expensive s3200...but i packed it allready very very good ,only to realize i didnt compare the noise floor of both , but now after not selling in given time on platform , i will do
    ...thats good news with DAW 24 bit.. sinewave..thx.. but i really enjoy working without puter partly and save samples to disk too...

12. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I'm not using floppies much, either. Just burn CD images and save to an SD card. SD cards rock! :wink:

I'm not even using my Adaptec SCSI any more. Can't be bothered. But Sound Forge 6 is still so great for editing samples. I'm back to it after using Acon Digital Acoustica for a couple of months. Acoustica is really nice but there are some annoying graphic bugs that I just can't stand, and I just work faster with Sound Forge anyway. Decades of experience... :wink:

13. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

yea scsi to sd is coming....thx for heads up on soundforge...you kno i always appreciating downgrading to the better

14. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

It Is! I'm combining it with Awave Studio. I actually got it to work using VirtualBox. If anyone wants to use these awesome old programs and doesn't have access to an old system here's how:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/download-windows-xp-for-free-and-legally-straight-from-microsoft-si/

I still have a ton of old Audio workstation disk images created with Norton Ghost from WinXP that need to be resurrected. I would have loved to try the FZ-1 or DSS, and am still surprised my old Mirage still actually works after all of these years. But those awesome Curtis Filters are the reason I can't ever let it go :yes:

The main thing I use my Mirage for is believe it or not ...is a Synthesizer! Long ago a company called Triton created a new OS for the Mirage called Sound Process. It turns the Mirage into a digital synthesizer, adds full 16-channel multi-timbral capabilities, gives each sound up to 4 oscillators per voice, and accesses 32 sound programs at once. Here's an example of what it sounds like:

15. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

16. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

[​IMG][​IMG]

the good old post plastic device days
    but at this point i have to mention nowadays days : blofeld can be upgraded to a sampler but guess what :its from metal made device he he

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. tun

tun Rock Star

6 months later and ive finally managed to get my space shifted around enough to get my S3000XL set up and running!!!
    i honestly didnt think it would ever happen.
    the screen is very dim, but i can still see it enough to use it. ive been playing around with it and having fun but i definitely need to sit down with the manual for a few hours.

it came with a disk in the drive labelled as the o/s v2, but only v1.5 is installed, so i need to figure out how to update that to get me started, assuming the disk is not corrupt by now.

do i need to have a disk in the drive to use it properly? does it have internal memory? and i have been using it with the o/s disk in the drive, which says its not formatted correctly but everything seems to work fine, but i havent tried to save anything yet. i think it will fail to save.
    i think i will need to dig out some floppy disks