AKAI S3200

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by wasgedn, Sep 10, 2018.

1. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

second akai....the one i keep...2800 3000 and 3200 share same OS
    [​IMG]

akai s3200 floppy drive and its jumper positions....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

i need a akai s3000 OS 2.0 for making a dump to hfe format....can somebody up it ?
    has somebody hfe and config files for s3200?
    hfe is format for HxC usb emulator

3. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

i even found the osmaker in yahoo group..but the group is dead...we need to preserve this stuff..akai has abandoned the s serie...
    and all the places i got the akai tools and stuff from are pretty old and will decline at some point

4. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

has somebody the s1100 manual for software update 4.0 or 4.3 soemthing like that ??
    you would make audiosex very exclusive....many people searching for this a long time...me too

5. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

wow
    :invision:
    FICTION showed me you can dl from wayback machine

EDIT thx man
    --------------------

with the time i structure my akai archive in good way and will up it bundled with akai survival thread with links and info...some short way and time safer...and before all a preserve thread...
    lets make it to a cool audioslutz...never knew that autosex is gearhead forum too..
    --------------
    just kidding :all the akai iso out there formated to hfe for usb emu...that would be cool...maybe i gift the second akai to mono...i bet he will do the job heh heh....
    ---------------

6. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

7. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

p204....the secret of a Japanese engineers

also found sero info on flashrom or the 2 different 2 mb memory board you can see...do someone know which is the flash rom..
    i guess the ones with yellow and blue fuses at the top , are 2mb mems

btw i paid 185 for it with defect floppy drive....i dont tell ya what i paid for the first full functional and bright display...i gone sell it again...but i add os 2.0 disk and a few empty disk preformated and maybe german manual in pdf but i guess one of the three 8 mb boards will stay with me..
    i serious could begin to make some little money with retroism but im more interested in preserve..
    2 weeks ago i would have paid 50 bucks for an manual...s3200xl pdf isnt s3200 pdf...you can compare but bla..but now i own one

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

@wasgedn You maniac. You sound like me when fiddling with hardware. :rofl:

Keep it up. But don't forget to make music, too. :wink:

Yeah, S3200 manual is not easy to find. I got lucky with my S3200 as I got all expansions + manual. I am usually not that lucky. :sad:

When I've been looking on e-bay a couple of years ago, all the S3200s came without any expansion cards and the owners sold them separately, at steep prices. That's why. Dirty capitalists. :rofl:

9. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

he he ...yea mate....
    when i got it similar like this mate here (this is not mine )...i got enough and will not upgrade or add things and stay with it till end
    [​IMG]
    EDIT but he needs def bigger screen and a good chair :rofl:
    but i also thinking bout to make a workplace for standing not sitting..best would be both but thats heavy task..

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  10. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

yea i kno...:) problem is you get much more when sold separately....i had luck
    but i saw a auction ending in the week at 3 am...seller said the devices are retro and cant say price anymore..lol...he sold akai s20,akai s5000,magnat monitors,karaoke amp bla,battle mixer for 380....but i cant bid for them all at once unfortunately :rofl:380 is s5000 alone.......

11. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

i ask myself why the heck the samplers have no manual ....if you buy synth from ebay manual is more often included...but i guess when paying round 50 for memory...at manuals it comes to same 20-50...but manuals on sampler is much more elemental as on simple synth..i guess there were a lot of guys with out manual , who selled again cause no chance to learn proper...

and i realized with akai also with manual you got to use brain or test out to come a long e.g.to format a floppy disk..couldnt do it like in manual..needed to go over harddisk and then switch to floppy at last step..
    -------------
    but yamaha tx16w must be the absolute top of complicated OS and manual, told by junkie xl hardware samplers video..

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  12. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yamaha stuff is traditionally more complicated to edit. I have A3000 and A5000, and I had to read the manual, no way around it. :wink:

Akais are actually the easiest of the bunch to edit, but having a manual is still rather necessary. With each sampler It feels like handling different operating systems. You just have to dig in and learn them all.

That guy's place looks pretty much like mine, too. Nice and cosy. :wink: But I have a much bigger screen, yes. :)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

:drunks::hillbilly:

14. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

which scsi2sd images you are using and which scsi2sd device developer you got ??
    seems something is wrong with my usb emu...have a hard time....chatting with paris everyday to make it work but bla..

but good news is...s900-s1100 is just plug and play with HxC usb EMU when u use preconfig for akai s950,amiga offer...also the xl has ready to go images and config on HxC site but my s3200 not...there is my badluck

15. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

My SCSI2SDs looks like this one. I bought it in the UK from Amigakit for much less, though. :wink:

All you have to do is partition the SD card on your PC with the utilities they provide, and then format the 8 512MB "hard disks" from within your sampler. There's no way you can transfer the sample libraries to the SD on a PC, that I know of, unless you have 512MB images. I have a SCSI CD-ROM, so I burn the images with ImgBurn to a CD, and transfer the samples to the sampler's SD card that way. Works great! :wink:

16. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

ah thx man..
    first i bought wrong scsi card ..10bucks amazon...but its for pci-x.....needed to learn to read really carefully or look carefully on the pictures oink oink..
    but now one is coming + cd rom and cable, out of an audio pc....so this will be good...
    do you change your sd cards often or it is plugged in all the time...so what you think is better internal 16gb scsi2sd hdd or internal /external scs2sd with option to change sd cards without opening case ??

17. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

18. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

just for INFO:
    the usb emu are cheap...and with HxC you can dump stuff directly on usb stick...but need extract iso...convert to soundfont with EMXP_v3_08_2...from soundfont to akai in extremesample converter ...from akai to hfe in HxC software
    when you buy pre configured for amiga,s900,950 and have unit from this list its just kindergarden easy
    [​IMG]
    u set up device and format stick to fat32 and dump the hfe and config file for youre machine to root of stick..thats it...the files are here
    QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages.zip
    http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1683#p18293

but i kno most pros use sd cads...

edit and as you can see there are no s3200 files but s1100 files maybe work ...
    in g you can also buy a usb emu preformated + stick with stuff , for s3200 , from rawndry for 116...
    when i would buy it i even be under the price i paid for the fully functional unit...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  19. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

are guys in here who bought or sold a unit with floppy emulator and black tri axis display for akai

20. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

def a good way....maybe one of the best