Akai Professional announces ADVANCE KEYBOARD SERIES!

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by theDingus, Jan 12, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Designed to fuse the power of software instruments with the live playability of a keyboard workstation, the
    Advance Keyboard series transforms computer-based plugins into an entirely hands-on playing experience. The
    keyboard surface features an integrated highresolution full-colour 4.3-inch display, providing real-time
    control and feedback of any and all virtual instrument parameters. The screen instantly adapts itself to the
    selected plugin’s controls, delivering immediate 1:1 access to the instrument and various editable functions.
    Better yet, the Advance Keyboard series works with any VSTi virtual instrument. Using the Advance Keyboard’s
    custom designed Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software application, your entire VSTi library can be
    controlled in one application. VIP can operate as a plugin inside any major digital audio workstation (DAW)
    or as a stand-alone application on both Mac and Windows operating systems.

Dedicated physical controls are thoughtfully included, with Akai Professional’s hallmark RGB backlit, velocity
    and pressure-sensitive pads integrated into each keyboard surface. Rubberised pitch and modulation wheels deliver
    player-preferred note manipulation with highly musical action. Large, continuously-variable endless knobs invite
    frequent use, letting the user make parameter adjustments with granular or dramatic effect. A custom semiweighted,
    velocity-sensitive keybed—another Akai Professional specialty—supports aftertouch, making it an elite keyboard
    for seasoned live performers and studio producers alike.

The Advance Keyboard series represents a giant leap forward for keyboard players,” says Dan Gill, Product Manager
    for Akai Professional. “Until now, software-based instruments leaned heavily on computer interaction, which caused
    creative and logistical bottlenecks, especially during live performances. We’re combining the processing power of your
    computer, the flexibility of your virtual instrument collection, and the hands-on immediacy of a traditional keyboard
    workstation. The result is a powerful and inspiring user experience.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Czco8No8xQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cr9dIcJhOY

Included with each Advance Keyboard is the Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) application. VIP gives Advance Keyboard users
    access any virtual instrument in their collection with or without a DAW—a powerful way to play virtual instruments live
    or integrate them into a recording session. VIP software users can also create setlists that provide on-demand access to
    usercurated instruments for stage performance and studio work. With a single button press on an Advance Keyboard, the
    player can adapt to song changes as the live performance progresses—without ever reaching for the computer. Performers of
    all types will welcome VIP’s facilities for hyper-fast instrument and patch browsing, key zone splitting, layering of up
    to 8 instruments per VIP instance, expansive custom mapping capabilities, and support for any VSTi plugin. Advance Keyboard
    users may run as many instances of the Virtual Instrument Player as their computer allows. VIP runs as a VSTi, AU, RTAS or
    AAX plugin, allowing you access to VSTi’s in virtually any DAW, such as Pro Tool, Logic Pro X and Ableton Live.

Gill continues, “Keyboard players have been straddling two worlds for the better part of the decade. A standalone keyboard
    workstation was only as current as the sounds inside of it, and similarly, virtual instruments were only as good as the
    best controllers. The Advance Keyboard series delivers uninhibited access to any virtual instrument in your library without
    losing focus of the instrument in front of you.”

Each Advance Keyboard ships with a 16GB download of over 10,000 sounds from industryleading developers at AIR Music Technology,
    SONiVOX, and Prime Loops. Purchased separately, this comprehensive collection of nine plugins is valued at over $1,000.00 USD
    and provides Advance Keyboard owners with an instant palette of contemporary and coveted sounds for live performance and
    studio production.

[​IMG]

Advance Keyboard Series features:

- Keyboards for advanced virtual instrument performance.
    - Integrated 4.3-inch high-resolution full-colour screen with dedicated interface buttons.
    - Screen provides 1:1, real-time feedback of plugin parameters.
    - Available in 25-, 49-, and 61- key sizes.
    - Includes Virtual Instrument Player software for unprecedented virtual instrument preset management,
    control mapping and multi patch creation.
    - Premium, semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch.
    - 8 large, endless and continuously variable control knobs.
    - 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive MPC-style pads with RGB illumination.
    - Dedicated pad bank, transport control, octave, and performance buttons.
    - Note repeat, time-division, pattern arpeggiator, and tap-tempo buttons.
    - Rubberised Pitch and Modulation wheels.
    - Expression pedal and footswitch inputs.
    - USB and 5-pin MIDI Input/Output for use with any MIDI capable software or hardware.
    - Also functions as a standalone controller.
    - Includes a 16GB download with more than 10,000 sounds from leading virtual instrument designers including
    AIR Music Technology, SONiVOX and Prime Loops.

[​IMG]

Virtual Instrument Player Software features:

- Plays virtually every VSTi compatible plugin.
    - Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer.
    - Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW.
    - Organises your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection instrument type,
    timbre, and more.
    - Access, edit, and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time.
    - Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard.
    - Extensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options.
    - Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual instruments.
    - Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW.

[​IMG]

Advance 25, Advance 49, and Advance 61 will be available in early 2015 with an MSRP of:
    £299.99 GBP, £389.99 GBP, and £469.99 GBP, respectively.

More information: Akai Pro | Advance Keyboard Series

3. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Looking forward to this. I was close to the NI keyboard, but I thought the Akai MPK2 series had a better feeling keybed. Hopefully, it carries over to this.

4. mlb4sheaz

mlb4sheaz Ultrasonic

I wish companys would release more 32 key keyboards. I find 25 is too small and 49 too big for the bedroom studio... Im still stuck on an old edirol.

5. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Woah! NI just got defeated and Novation's Automap just got pushed to the back of the bus!
    Unless somebody is a hardcore user of Komplete and barely use any other VSTs, I can't see why they'd choose the Kontrol S Series after this Akai controller coming out.
    I've been pounding and hesitating on buying the Kontrol S because it would lock me into the Komplete ecosystem with NI not making any indication that they will expand the software to accommodate third party VSTs. Well, I know what to choose at this point: Akai :)
    @theDingus Thanks for the post!

6. eheavy

eheavy Member

ooookkk this is going to be interesting....everyone went nuts when Native instruments announced its new key board the Komplete Konrole S. The thing that got people talking was the 1 finger auto chord and its tight integration with the amazing Komplete software bundle, but a lot of people would ask me if it would ever be open to 3rd party software.
    Now Akai (which is under the same umbrella as Sonivox and Air instruments) have come out with their own controller the Advance 61 which at first glance appears to do the same thing as NI's KKS Keyboard with one added bonus its open to 3rd party Plugins. Here is the interesting part.... Remember AKAI is notorious for not meting their release dates, and NI tried a 3rd party host called the Kore and failed so will NI be able to open its keyboard to 3rd party plugins before Akai gets its new toy out??? The stakes are high as this may be just the brake Akai has been looking for ???

7. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Still prefer my Nektar Panorama P4, its got daw integration as well, works great with Bitwig and Reaper. Looks sexy as well :) , i dont like the flashy coloured pads on the Akai, looks like a kids keyboard.

Attached Files:

• P4.jpg
      P4.jpg
      File size:
      125.5 KB
      Views:
  8. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Saw this last night and got really excited, though I don't know how I feel about the VIP.

These VST wrapper thingies have never worked that well before, (Automap, Akai's previous thing what ever it was called, Kore, M-audio Arsenal). Which is probably why NI's doesnt support 3rd party.

I think daws should handle the connection between vst and controller not the vst its self.

Studio One is leading the way with this.

9. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

UPDATE INFO:
    Always wanted to use your load of VST's inside of Pro Tools and Logic without having to find an AAX or AU version?
    Well, the VIP software which will ship with the Akai's Advanced Series will allow you to do just that.

MENTIONED AROUND 5:15 BY THE AKAI REP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJQ_JeSNFSI