akai mpc x VS ni maschine 3 OR ableton push2

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by lovebeats, Sep 8, 2019.

1. lovebeats

lovebeats Ultrasonic

helo whats up

i just for fun bought a ni maschine mk3 , but im not 100% happy with it, maybe 50%,
    because i only have my wav samples for it, the ni komplete11 select software dont works because i have alot of try before buy plugins,
    so my first question is, i have read in the maschine topic here, u can use try before buy vst plugins or these presets and kontakt librarys only with the maschine try before buy software,
    but with the original maschine software it dotn works, thats true ?

what i dont like too, is it dont works 100% standalone without pc, i was thinking it do ,but only standalone with pc or in DAW

now i think buying a mpc x , because it works without pc, but do i have the same problems there with opening vst etc?

ableton push looks nice too but im cubase user not ableton, i know you can rewire ableton in cubase but learn a ne DAW in cubase is to much for me now

some people here who have compared mpc x and maschine mk3?????????

i know there are alot of youtube video etc, but there is not a conclusion with pro and con, but a lot say there that maschine is better and push the best

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Try before you buy expansions and libraries won't work with legit Maschine.Try it the Maschine software,on sister site.

4. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

the X dont open VST instandalone

I suggest that you try the MPC Software and see if you like it. The main weakness of Maschine is its bad quality Pots and bad CPU efficiency. I haven't tested the MPC into depth yet not the hardware

Ableton Push wont work without a computer either. So if you want standalone there are not so many options

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  5. sinematrix

sinematrix Member

There is a Vlogger named Accurate Beats, I'm a big fan of him. I think he made a lot of video of Beat Machine like Maschine and MPC, you can check them out then make your own decision.

like this one:

6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I have a Push 2. I don't know what the maschine workflow is like, but I can't imagine that there's practically anything out there as comprehensive as the Push for controlling your production environment. And yes there are some things where turning knobs (automation) or using the Push to control Live (multiple quick fader adjustments) is very convenient but for the most part it's faster just to use a mouse and keyboard IMO.

So if I were going to encourage you to buy something like this, it would be to use as an instrument, and for that Push is phenomenal because of lots of things. Its sequencers (both drum and melodic, but the drum sequencer is especially clutch), greater number of pads, scale modes, ability to lock to scale or play chromatically, guitar-like layout of pads in chromatic mode, ability to select samples from your hard drive and chop and sequence them quickly and easily, parameter locking/step automation, etc. etc. It does lots of stuff really well.

Again, idk about maschine and mpc but push is A LOT more than just a sampler/grid of sample triggering pads. I absolutely hate being stuck without it when I'm making music

• List
  7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

If you're not using Ableton Live then buying Push isn't the best idea because it can't be used at its fullest.

From the three you mentioned, the MPC X is obviously in a different league which is totally reflected in its asking price:
    Needless to say that you are highly advised to try it before you buy it

8. CharlieCrizzle

CharlieCrizzle Kapellmeister

There are actually really good bitwig control scripts for push among other things

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

Ableton Push2 only if you use Ableton, othewise Maschine all day long

10. oldskoolproductions

oldskoolproductions Producer

First you need to figure out what you want.
    If you want stand alone.... then you only have MPC as an option

I own Maschine Mk2 but I don't use the legit software.
    I use Maschine as Plug-in inside Cubase.

Push works best with Ableton Software.

If your biggest concern is using VST's then you should focus on learning a DAW rather worrying about compatibility with your drum pad controller.

Cheers.

11. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I have a Push 2 and it is awesome. Especially for sound design and sequencing. It works really well in Session mode. Not so much in arrangement without third party/user scripts. Add ClyphX and M4L and you can make it do anything you want.
    I also have a MK3 and with the Komplete library of instruments, effects and sounds, it is also awesome but in a different way. Sequencing is fine but not as robust or functional as Push. It can be but you need to set up Virtual MIDI ports to and from the software to get anywhere near the same functionality Push has with the stock devices in Ableton. It has a more comprehensive sound library (not that Ableton's is lacking).

If you will continue to use Cubase, unless you are ReWiring, loading as plugin or using JACK and Virtual MIDI, these points are moot. There are controllers out there with more encoders, faders and pads and they will have the advantage of being able to be used will all software. Push and Maschine are made for specific software and if you learn to use them that way, you can accomplish a lot but if you've never used them before, THERE WILL BE A LEARNING CURVE.

My personal setup is constantly changing but I essentially have Live 10 running Push 2 and a BCF2000 (plus some tablets) on one machine, my MK and JAM (plus some tablets) running Maschine on another and MIDI and audio flowing both ways between them.Ableton Live is for sequencing and mixing. Maschine is primarily an FX box with VSTi (namely Kontakt and Reaktor) to generate audio. Funnily enough, my most functional setup that can do everything I want and need is with Reaper on both machines and both the controllers running in MIDI mode.

I am a NI whore and have traded my Maschine Studio for the MK3. While I love NI and adore their plugins and hardware, I've found myself using the Push more lately. If you check out other forums you'll find a lot of people saying that the Maschine is good for sketching ideas and the Push for structuring and arranging actual tracks (albeit, in Session Mode?!?) but this is all relative, friend.

One man's sketch is another man's song.

@CharlieCrizzle DrivenbyMoss, yeah?
    http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html
    http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
    Forgive my off-topicness

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  12. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Somebody should've recommended a laptop to the OP back in Sept...

13. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

To further complicate your situation I suggest to look into Native instruments Jam
    I agree Maschine can be a little much and with out a keyboard is kind of eh..

But the Jam.. Is like combining the Push and Maschine into one. Very very useful tool
    Touch strip faders are fun as hell to play, even accurate enough to get consistent results while playing.
    Sequencer, 16 of the squares are midi mapped for drums.. damn I want a Jam..
    Issue with them is.. They are still exspensive! They did not drop in price.
    MK2 Maschine mikro 40 bucks.. Original or New Jam 300-400

14. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Jam is so utterly useful. In Maschine 2 it does (almost) all the things the MK3 can't. I put my MK3 and Jam in MIDI mode and they make the best standalone Reaktor/Kontakt controllers on the market. Use your head. There are so many things the developers "plan" but it is YOU that make them happen. And with MIDI, you can go so far outside the "plan" it's mind blowing.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019