Akai MPC Software detects pads wrong...

Discussion in 'DAW' started by tchouangtseu, Mar 20, 2021.

1. tchouangtseu

tchouangtseu Kapellmeister

So I'm messing around with the MPC software and I don't understand why it's miss-detecting my pads (or notes on my keyboard)... using an MPD 26, pad 1 triggers A2, pad 2 triggers A1 and so on... On my M-audio keyboard, same behaviour...Anyone experienced it or has a solution?

Thanks!

Win 7, latest Akai MPC Software from R2R

3. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

you can change the mapping, there is an option to just map it chomatically either,

4. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

edit > program > note mapping

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. tchouangtseu

Yes thanks bro!

6. Quantised Noise

Quantised Noise Producer

The default setup uses the 'akai mpc' mapping, which is the same note layout MPCs have used since the MPC60.

I can't speak for your MPD26, but my MPD218 can be put into akai mode by holding down pad3 while plugging in the USB, there's also a NR map that by default is set to the akai layout.

But honestly, it's such an ass-backwards note layout that I suggest just remapping the MPC software, since you'll want to use chromatic C1... mode for everything else and switching modes is a pain in the ass.

7. tchouangtseu

Ok so basically I should go to the program-edit-and then manually remap all the pads...as it seems that it goes back to the Akai mode by default everytime i create a new program...

and yes my mpd26 should work in akai mode if it wasn't broke internally, it's in Reason mode for years now and i can't change it as the "enter" button is fucked up :)

8. Quantised Noise

Quantised Noise Producer

On the Global / Midi Learn panel on the right (the second from left selector button on the right part of the status bar), I have my pad mapping set to 'M-Audio Code-61' which is close enough to the way I have my mappings set up on my MPD218, then if I need to map any of the knobs differently I manually map them.

But I seem to have accrued about 600 copies of the 'M-Audio Code-61' device map in my user folder doing this, so perhaps my 'what works for me' isn't actually all that sane *shrug*

9. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual