AKAI MPC One Expansions

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by notremid, Aug 1, 2023.

Tags:
  1. notremid

notremid Producer

Hello,

Thinking of getting a used AKAI MPC One. My question is:

- Can I use the MPC expansions available on the sister site with the AKAI MPC One hardware device? Any issues or limitations? Eg. this expansion- https://zamplersounds.sellfy.store/p/tape-synths-for-mpc/ (or are they just for use with the free AKAI MPC Beats software)

Thanks!

3. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

Yes, they are "just" sample packs and will work in standalone. You can add those to the library of sample packs that you can download from your account when you get your machine.

Now, the "instruments" (vst-like) that have been released lately withe their new hardware many of them require license. But, you have a bunch that are included as stock-plugins and are automatically installed with the internal OS of your machine

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  4. mike restless

mike restless Newbie

i havent used that particular expansion..but yeah you can use expansion from any maker, either its akai or someone else,you can either make your own expansion.(anyway its like samplepacks most of time).everything can be used with mpc devices standalone or in pc program.i downloaded many without licences and they work ok..but i didnt find workaround to licences of vst instruments

5. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

MPC expansions are just ZIP files (just rename one to ".zip" and open it, you will see).

6. notremid

notremid Producer

Thanks all :bow: So it looks like I can use the MPC Expansions from the sister site without any issue.

Follow-up question: Can the MPC Expansions be stored on an SD card?

7. oneunder

oneunder Ultrasonic

Yes you can mate.