AKAI isos from PHOTONE

Discussion in 'Software' started by TentacoloViola, May 26, 2018.

1. ozark2001

ozark2001 Noisemaker

I just want to say Thank you!!! x1000 for not giving up and sharing your findings. It gets harder and harder to find any useful information these days on the internet due to censorship and google turning to shit as result, this is one of the rare occasions which still makes hope not all is lost!

2. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

TX16Wx can convert AKAI images from ISO/NRG/IMG to its own format or just extract to WAV if you prefer. I gave up on trying with Kontakt 5.x. TX16Wx has worked well for me so far.

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

If anyone's interested, there is a commandline utility called binchunker for Unix by Heikki Hannikainen.
    It can convert bin+cue to iso and works for hardware sampler images too.
    I'm converting them on MacOS and use them on Windows because sampler ISO support is close to nonexistent on Mac.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

bchunk will rip tracks to wav files, but when you specify a file name it will save them all as filename#.wav and just consecutively number them 1-99. it's a cool utility, it's about as fast as dd. What are the pre-requisites for it on Apple Silicon machines, still Homebrew and Xcode?

5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

No it won't convert AKAI images to WAV, only cue+bin to ISO. You still have to use an AKAI image converter like Kontakt/Windows, Extreme Sample Converter etc.
    Homebrew is enough.
    bchunk home: http://he.fi/bchunk/

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

Did I write Akai somewhere? My comment is about the utility since you mentioned it. Must be new for you. ignored (again).

When you recommend a tiny file size utility like bchunk, you should mention the pre-requisites when they will not be on someone's machine and are over 100 meg when installed.

7. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

I have no problem using them on a Mac with Translator 7 and can rip AKAI and EOS discs directly into my library with Halion from either disc or an ISO. Ableton Live can still do it as well.

And in Crossover, all the old Windows tools like CDXtract, ESC, etc still work great too.