Akai announces MPC Touch

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Oysters, Oct 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Return of the King: Our newest addition to the legendary MPC series re-writes the rules with an intuitive controller featuring multi-touch functionality, creating a truly immersive production experience.

First of its Kind
    In creating the MPC Touch, we have once again established the iconic MPC series as the thought leader in music production technology. Combining the might of a pro-level piece of production gear truly fit to carry the MPC shield with the tactile ease of use found on smartphones and tablets, the Touch is truly a workflow revolution. How producers interact with all aspects of their sound has been forever changed.

Breakthrough Sound. At Your Fingertips
    Introducing a new approach to music production with an ultra fast and super intuitive workflow, the Touch is powered by a radiant 7" color multi-touch display. Literally grab and pinch waveforms, draw midi events, adjust envelopes, chop samples, add effects and precisely set your controls using your fingertips. Combined with the classic MPC feel, sound and vastly improved pads, the Touch embodies the best elements of our past while taking music production tech into the future.

Champion Sound
    The hardware is a true innovation in music production technology. But at the end of the day it’s world-class sounds that inspire great music. Thinking of this, we’ve bundled the Touch with over 20,000 sounds from elite content providers covering the gamut of musical styles, including: AIR, CR2, Toolroom, MVP Loops, Sonivox and Prime Loops. You will be ready to start making your next banger within minutes of opening the box.

Game-Changing Gear
    The MPC Touch is the future-forward progression of our legendary MPC series, encompassing the classic feel and workflow of previous models while adding a never before seen touchscreen workflow.

“Our new MPC Touch is an incredibly noteworthy event in the evolution of the Akai Professional product lineup. Years of research, customer feedback and cutting-edge engineering development has led directly to the most capable and innovative MPC we’ve ever offered,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. “We’re known for the excellence and music-making capability of our MPC family. It’s the backbone of what we do. The MPC Touch breaks new ground in music production in terms of ease of use and on-board capability. We’re excited and proud to offer it to modern musicians everywhere.”

[​IMG]

Features include:

• 7" colour multi-touch Display
    • 16 velocity-sensitive RGB backlit pads
    • 2-in/2-out audio interface
    • Step Sequencer with touch interface
    • XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
    • Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
    • Pad Mixer for setting levels, stereo panning and adding VST effects
    • Sample Edit control, for trimming, chopping and processing your samples
    • 4 new, performance-ready touch-sensitive controls
    • Data Encoder knob, for push-and-twist control of display parameters
    • Includes MPC software with over 20 GB of sound content
    The MPC Touch will be available from November 2015. For more news and information head over to the Akai website.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Wow, a touch display… how innovative… *yawn*

I like the design. Goo to see that it doesn't look like a controller dressed as a wanna-be retro MPC Clone ;)

4. remix

remix Platinum Record

looks dope...im really excited by this...

they picked some strange companies to supply sounds tho...

EDIT: ive changed my mind, this isnt standalone...you still need a PC/MAC....meh

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  5. TippingPoint

TippingPoint Guest

This could really be a winner, if they got the interaction with the touchscreen right.
    Will definitely be interesting how Native Instruments is going to respond to that.

6. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Looks dope! Cant wait to have a play with this!

7. statik

statik Audiosexual

machine with a bigger touchscreen prolly,

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

This is going to be huge.

The Renaissance was already a winner but I always thought that what was missing was a color screen instead of this BSOD...

Well, now we not only have a color screen but a Touch one, which is a first for that kind of product.

If they didn't compromise on the other stuff, which remains to be seen, then we have a new King.

9. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

What's the problem with the fact that it's not a standalone product?

Maschine is also depending of a pc/Mac...

10. toothpick

toothpick Ultrasonic

The touch screen looks really cool but It almost comes across as counter productive as it requires a computer to run and I would rather use the screen on my computer to edit waveforms, ect. It would look cool as hell in the studio tho. I don't know if I could justify throwing $799.00 for something that I can acomplish inside my DAW. Personally, I think you would be better off buying a cost effective midi drum pad and doing the rest in your DAW..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. remix

remix Platinum Record

I dont use Maschine either...

12. The LT

The LT Ultrasonic

Because it's nothing more than an average-sized touchscreen and a 4x4 pad matrix with a few knobs. If you've used the Ren, you'll know how inferior the software is. Maschine runs circles around it.

Why would anyone want this instead of Maschine with tons of sample packs and various sizes is beyond me. Might as well use an ipad and some cheap controller.

13. TheUnderground

TheUnderground Noisemaker

damn really cool stuff

14. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Is the software as buggy as the MPC Ren ?
    The Black buttons look as crappy as Ableton Push :)

15. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Geist 2 will own them all :D

16. sideshowtmc

sideshowtmc Producer

I own the Mpc Ren for years now, the software was buggy at the beginning but it's amazing to use now. They are gonna release 2.0 soon and hopefully it'll add some features I think has been missing. I love my Ren. The reason I don't love the touch is because of how many submenu you need to go thru to get to one certain place. This was already released last year and it's cool but during a song, it's stupid to have to leave a menu and search thru to find another one. Where as the Ren you just have. To push button to get to the menu. I love the toucH concept I run touch screens everywhere in my house but I love pushing actually buttons sometimes.
    I grew up on Mpc so I will never leave its side.

17. merko

merko Member

Actually thought this would be crap, when I watched a few demos it looked pretty good tbqh. I'm really not big on some of the more recent Akai stuff either. They seem to be going from top of the game to wtf are they thinking with some gear.

If they put that touch screen on a standalone hardware unit with multiple ins and outs and solid midi timing, like a 3000, with a bit of mojo, I'd buy one in heartbeat. Like it is, not much point if you have Push 2.