Airwindows plugins to finally offer Mac and Windows VST

Discussion in 'Software' started by returnal, Aug 6, 2016.

1. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I like some of his plugins, like Fathom Five and the Console Plugins. But I think he should boil it down a bit into some categories and not just release single purpose plugin after plugin. I think he has about 200+ now. For example, I don't need 10 different Dither Plugins. He should just create 1 Dither Plugin with a dropdowm menu with the different algorithms in it. Same goes for his Filters and Dynamics. It just clutters the Menu. And at some point I don't want just sliders but some sort of metering - especially for dynamic processes.

2. ehrwaldt kunzlich

ehrwaldt kunzlich Rock Star

isn't there a combo plugin for all them dithers? ditherbox or sth like that.

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

In a mix, nobody can hear your screen - Chris Johnson [Airwindows]

I love his philosophy and I like him as a person. I love his video reviews and the funny faces he makes when he applies his plugins to the tracks. Like "Damn, can you hear this shit?! Sooo goood!" :) He's bloody great! Much greater than the caricature-like Steven Slate who's a typical American snake oil salesman. :sad:

But not many of his plugins are up to my taste. However, you should know that I have a "certain taste". I like plugins that really do sound analogue. Plugins that give me movement in the sound. There aren't many like that. That's why I still have to use outboard hardware to get that "3D" sound. I'm talking little random phase, volume, pan, frequency movements that make your sounds sound more "3D". His plugins, as most of the other ones who claim "analogueness" are just about introducing harmonics, even or odd, or some combination of these usually and that's all.

I really like what VladG's T Analogue Channel does. That's what I'm talking about. Voxengo has a plugin called "Insert" that does a similar thing, but it's only x86.

If you read my post carefully, I'm not saying his plugins are crap at all. I think [tested all of them to be able to say "I think"] ;)] his plugins are on pair or better than Waves, Plugin Alliance, Softube... all these. It's just that I'm a perfectionist and I like analogue sound and its randomness and quirks, with certain measure. ;) Nobody likes too much noise, for example, but low noise feels nice to me. And a little instabilities in phase and EQ, as I mentioned. Analogue just feels more natural-like - unpredictable. :wink:

4. AwDee.0

AwDee.0 Kapellmeister

5. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I'd say that his Console 4 plug is every bit as good as Slate's Virtual Console plugs, minus the fancy GUI and the $150 price tag. Probably worth supporting him just for that. He makes a lot of off-the-wall boutique plugs, in addition to his really useful ones, and there's definitely room for that in the marketplace.

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

VoS has been working [collaborating?] with the Tokyo Dawn Records for quite a while and their plugins are available for OS-X. :wink: But I know what you mean. You would like to see his older plugins remade for multi-platform and x64. Me too! :) A lot of time has passed and I think he moved on, though, and he's not a programmer. These plugins have been made with SynthMaker. However, maybe the collaboration with VladG and Tokyo Dawn will re-release at least some of these wonderful plugins. I would like to see at least NastyVCS, NastyDLA and Density for x64! :wink: Thrillseeker is also realy good.

7. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

must be owner a lot promoting/sales talk going on

8. ehrwaldt kunzlich

Latest addition is...

Loud

9. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

No, No Herbert codes it all but utilized SynthMaker for the GUI part only, That is why they are so good. Believe me I'd love to have 64-Bit and also MAC AU versions of his back catalogue, However yes he has moved one and that ship has sailed unfortunately. A great guy that genuinely turned up the entire game of freeware, Fabian, Vlad, Herbert and a few others that are on board I think but can not confirm, Whose names will be known soon enough if it turns out to be the be the case, will hopefully get onto it a some point as they are still go to tools :)
    I really dig what the madman code monster is doing with his AirWindows stuff, I am not on personal terms with Chris due to not being a MAC user at my own setup, However he seems like a sound guy and his work definitely is not run of the mill/treading water/me too by stretch which is refreshing, I think the model he has gone for is very good/forward thinking with an outcome which he's got in mind and I expect it to happen as his stuff is as said, That extra bit special than many other's.

All the best as always and to all, Cheers

Dean

10. ehrwaldt kunzlich

new this week: Air

11. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Now that's a big one that just came out...One that has been waited because it was a very requested one when it was a paid only mac only company.

http://www.airwindows.com/iron-oxide-5/

Iron Oxide 5

TL;DW: The old school, heavily colored Airwindows tape emulation.

12. ehrwaldt kunzlich

This week:

Bite, an unusual edge-maker.

his patreon goals have changed a bit too...

13. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

BussColor4 has just been released.

http://www.airwindows.com/busscolors-4/

TL;DW: The Airwindows console emulations, now working up to 192K correctly. :disco:

Nice shoot out from Chris (at about 4:20 in the vid) to the Nebula tech and to Zaphod (@giancarlo at GS I think) which helped him apparently for his vst work...Didn't even know that.
    Anyway it sounds amazing, there are 8 models in there, they all sound very different and really nice.
    You should test this one if you've never tested AirWindows plugins (well Iron Oxide 5 is impressive too, many are really), it's extremely good.

Those are all based on IRs he got from the orginal consoles and he got asked a while back to incorporate them in a plugin. He did it but modified the original things a bit, so it's recreation of old consoles AirWindows style I guess...
    Dark : MCI like console ; Rock : SSL like console ; Lush : Neve like console ; Vibe : he forgot what it was :) ; Holo : something else, very good with 3D space (holo like in hologram) , Punch : API like console ; Steel : unique tone, lack in bass, very reggae/dancehall old homemade console like, according to Chris ; Tube : it's his own personal take on what Tube sounds like, no particular model.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  15. reggiejaxx

reggiejaxx Member

Brilliant guy,great plugs,it's ridiculous not to support his patreon it's almost like the slate everything bundle except it's the cost of one months subscription for the whole year and instead you get all the plugs for life...:wink::wink::wink:..

ps.Iron oxide rocks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. SonicBoomer

SonicBoomer Producer

Cool dude and plugins.
    You gotta' love his passion and offering with users help, for free.
    Void the fancy GUI, his stuff is damn meticulous and good.

17. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

18. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Who has downloaded Iron Oxide 5 first version, re-download it again, Chris updated this recently. Now it has Noise control, because previous version had noise internally, without its control.
    Previous version with noise, without noise control is called "Iron Oxide 5 initial", still available on site, but not recommended for download.
    Updated version with noise control is called just "Iron Oxide 5", just re-download and replace in your vst folder.

Be sure that you have the latest version of Tremolo, there were some improvements in sound.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

The Airwindows Plugins work nicely inside Logic with it's slider GUI, but in Maschine for example, everything is auto-mapped to the Knobs panel - no GUI. It's okay, if you have a Plugin with few control. But for a plugin with many controls you really lose focus on what is what.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record