Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Feb 5, 2016.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

They were for Pro tools only.., this is a good decision from AIR Company to escape the AAX trap .

4. DonCaballero

DonCaballero Producer

Being iLok/PT I'd never heard of AIR until recently but their instruments are awesome so if the effects are on the same level I'm excited to try them.

5. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

Praying for this one. These are outstanding in pro tools. Hope they did not change the protection.

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I have become kinda wary of bundles [like Waves because they have a "signature sound" which can be bad or good] since I started using different products from different companies, and I like to be able to choose a chorus from one company, phaser from other company etc., but I would like to test these and see if they're worth it. The price is really interesting for what you get, I guess.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  7. stefodis

stefodis Producer

Less than 5€/plugin (for us european, as i can't find the "dollar" sign on my keyboard :)), quite a good ratio i think! These are great tools, with no fancy GUI and no pseudo "emulation-based" sound, but they get the job done with no shame. I liked them a lot during my protools years, but did drop PT for studio-one several years ago as i was tired of all the rtas/aax and digidesign stuffs...
    Great move from Air.
    PS : even on the billing page, AIR says nothing about protection, i don't know if these plugs are ilok protected or not, but it could be a no-sell for me if they were (and as AIR synths are all iloked, i can just presume that these FX are too, but weird that AIR don't precise it:dunno:). If someone know more...
    Peace

8. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

9. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

@E.C.R You mean Plugin-Boutique...

System Requirements
    • PC: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate edition with Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Minimum Dual Core 2GHz (Intel Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
    • Mac: Mac OS X 10.8.5-10.11; Core Duo Processor (Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
    • Minimum RAM: 1GB (2GB or more recommended) 1GB free hard drive space (Download and Installation) Internet access (Download and Authorization)
    No iLok/iLok2-based protection?

10. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

yes :disco:

11. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Ultrasonic

seems like it's still ilok as they show in the installation manual on PB :suicide:

12. sexyman

sexyman Ultrasonic

Air stuff Licence use ilok but all the licence can be install to PC or mac with out needing an ilok dongle.
    Air has some unique features that no other plugin company has.
    Riser and their filter plug= great, I think all their plugs are great.

13. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Tried AIR Synths and deleted within one week. I find u-he synths, spire, serum, fm8, omnisphere (many more) etc way more superior to them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Judging by their synths and that these plugins got included in Pro Tools 8... they might be a bit old. More than a bit. DSP code has developed significantly during the last 10 or so years. I am downloading the trial version as we speak and I'll test the bundle on one of the disposable Windows OSes. :wink:

15. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

The AIR Plugins a pile of bugs...

16. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Well, I tried installing the demo and you have to have an iLok account to do that, which I don't. I also don't want to taint a clean OS with anything made by PACE.

So even though their price is very tempting you have to take in consideration a couple of things: these are really old plugins and you can get similar audio DSP quality if you use stock plugins that come with your DAW or install MDA or GVST freeware plugins, or some other freeware or cheap plugins you like. I don't think these sound groundbreakingly good just because they come with Pro Tools and iLok, but mind you - I didn't manage to test them. Secondly - consider the troublesome iLok protection. Thirdly - maybe they really are a buggy mess as huschiwuschi said.

In other words these get a nice "meh" from me. YMMV :wink:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  17. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

I guess you know already but in case you dont
    Now you can try as long as you like without any iLook shit
    AudioUTOPIA is your friend

18. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yeah, I just downloaded them, but I can't test them today. Too tired. Audio and computer technicians have no weekends. :sad: But we have no working weeks, either. :bleh:

Cheers :mates: !