AI Video Editor/Maker based on Music/Sound?

Discussion in 'Working with Video' started by fujiama, Feb 4, 2022.

1. fujiama

fujiama Noisemaker

Hey there
    i was wondering if there are any good/potential solutions for faster Music Video Making and checked a couple of options:
    - After Effect Plugins that are "beat-detecting"
    - Some Apps - like beatleap
    Nothing really good found so far.
    This is what i want:
    Automatic Video editing (cuts & maybe visual effects) based on a music track and with any video-clips that were shot by me. The final music video should be perfectly in sync with the music track.
    Does anyone know any possibilities to get something like this?
    Sorry for my average english ;) ;)
    Thanks for any hints & have a great day
    mr fuji

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

This is not invented yet - but is in the works, what you mean is AI intelligence that automatically recognizes
    everything and makes a perfect music video. Your wish is: one click and the software does the rest...! I'd give Power Director a try.

4. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

May be you're after something like Resolume media server (didn't try it myself)

Live Video Mixing
    Resolume puts you in charge. You can play your videos when you want, how you want. Forwards, backwards, scratch and adjust tempo to the beat. Mix and match your visuals quickly and easily and play Resolume like an instrument.

plus

Resolume Wire
    Wire is a modular node-based patching environment to create effects, mixers and video generators for Arena & Avenue.

https://resolume.com/software/avenue_arena

5. fujiama

fujiama Noisemaker

Thanks so much brothers for your hints and ideas. I installed PowerDirector and made some good stuff with it... pretty good so far! Also Resolume is very helpful for me - more in a creative/visual way. So i will definitely check this out deeper.
    I want so share something that i (somehow accidentally) stumbled upon: its an App called Beazzt (not sure how to spell it but i assume like beast!?!? :unsure:).
    So far its pretty amazing (already made 24 music videos with it - my own songs and free footage from https://www.pexels.com) and it´s very very close to what i expect/was looking for... you can throw in any videos, choose a song, choose from numerous looks... and wait - it needs a while but its worth it in my opinion.
    There are a couple of sample Videos at the end of this site
    https://www.beazzt.app/
    I used the iPhone of a friend to check the app ... but i now realized that its also working on my old iPad :wink:
    i will let you know about my experience and also if i find comparable alternatives... i checked beatleap (also an App) with some nice results... but imo its really not the same...

6. Talula

Talula Rock Star

AI edited music videos are just as "interesting" as AI generated movie scripts.

yes, it is possible to train a neural network with the rules of editing by frame size, by composition in a frame, by color, by light, by movement, etc. maybe someday it will even be possible to train a neural network to correctly lipsync... but will AI be able to correctly use the method of counterpoint to evoke certain emotions in the viewer at a certain moment? maybe, but it won't be soon.

oh yes...there was a question:
    it's easier, faster and more creative to place markers by pressing one key - it's enough to listen to the music for the video in the editor once. a quick change of frames at the end of a measure or at a moment without a beat, several splices on a weak beat, deliberately missing the rhythm - this makes the video sequence dynamic and unpredictable in its own way, it is interesting to watch.
    pieces of the same length, mounted strictly in bits, get bored in a minute.

do not look for easy ways, video editing is a creative job!

7. odelay

odelay Kapellmeister

Magix Vegas Pro has a function which allows you to sync video shots using the audio in the background of the shots. That means you can play the song you're going to make the video for in the background and film whatever you need (i.e. different hand-held shots of the singer while he's singing, a dance choreography from different angles...) Then, you load up your shots in different video tracks, a well-mixed and mastered audio track in a suitable format for your needs and activate the audio-syncing function. After that, you just need to mute the audio from the video tracks and split them at the right places so that the visual rhythm of the edit fits your song, You can use the waveform of the main audio track to find the splitting points (identify bass drum hits or snare hits, etc). Remember that in Vegas Pro, the lowest video track is the one on top of the screen. So you must either delete or mute any split clips "above" the one you wish to be shown onscreen.

8. alemedovaA

alemedovaA Newbie

I understand you perfectly. I, too, couldn't find a good application to edit videos normally for a very long time. Moreover, I recently started professionally engaged in video editing. I searched for a long time on different sites and read reviews. Then a friend of mine suggested the source app to me. I installed it immediately and was very pleased that this application is so easy to use. And there are a lot of different effects, and it is possible to impose different music. So it's very convenient.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  9. Colin

Colin Producer

it always starts with "is there something that can help speed things up?"

where does it end though?

at what point is any knowledge or talent replaced by a monthly subscription to some AI driven cloud service that does everything from inception through to a finished product for you?

that's not even a hobby, just another direct debit!

10. jarredou

jarredou Producer

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  11. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

Are there any good updates here?
    I´m searching for this kind of software too.
    Earlier i used zgame for FL. It makes really cool videos.
    But i want more interaction and dynamics. Some Popping and moving texts etc.

I found Videobolt.net, but it costs.
    I think, that web apps always costs, because of storage.

Maybe anyone knows a great IOS App, or windows Software?

And what about this?: https://www.beazzt.app/
    Appstore link doesnt work and Appstore does not find the app (In Germany)

Thanks and bye :)

Small OT:
    For Legit AE Users there are really cool stuffs now :)
    https://videohive.net/item/just-typography-pack/33130966
    https://atomx.aniom.net/

Transitions, animations and complete texts can be imported via online extensions.
    Looks pretty cool.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  12. nicollegah

nicollegah Newbie

Perhaps neural frames could be interesting for this. You can create AI music videos based on text inputs. The stems of the songs are automatically extracted and can be used for audio-reactive effects.

13. opp

opp Guest

14. boingy99

boingy99 Kapellmeister

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. forart.it

forart.it Noisemaker

As an official Vegas Pro (19) user, i've never heard about this "automatic" function...

...how to enable it ?

16. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

You want to press a button and magically have the video you had in mind: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this hasn't been invented yet (it would be nice to have it, though), AI results in videoart are currently quite underwhelming. What you can do is try a collaboration with a good videomaker, I guess there are many here on Audiosex too. Otherwise, you can take the long route: learn to master the video post production and then do everything by yourself.
    Spoiler: Getting good at After Effects takes years...