'AI' powered Preset generator for Vital

Discussion in 'Software News' started by justsomerandomdude, Dec 2, 2023.

1. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. odod

odod Rock Star

Whoa .. hoping to see this for Serum and Sylenth, this is just like free synplant

4. Blacklight District

Blacklight District Kapellmeister

This looks very promising, I'm very anxious to try it out. This is how AI should be used in music production - not to replace artists, but to enhance creativity.

5. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Nice one! So Synplant 2 has got a freeware competitor

6. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

Synplant is a synth by itself, this one is a standalone application where u should drop in wav files i guess, but in a way Yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

judging from the demo video, this seems very cool. no mac unfortunately for me. This honestly looks more powerful than synplant's, as vital itself is a more powerful synth than synplant. synplant is a really cool synth, but its somewhat limited at times.

8. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Wow ! i need this. Thanks!

9. BENZZER

BENZZER Ultrasonic

In my honest an respectful opinion, its not really good at all,
    all it creates is a stereotypical "synth" patch, using no more than basic shapes and ADSR -
    fed it with lots of material like drums, dubstep basses and actual synths.
    It never recreates anything even close. Its always just a Pad you know.
    Was a bit sad actually, due to synplant 2s very limited layout and my love for vital. :))

10. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I just installed and tried it. Either I don't know how to use it correctly (even though I followed all the instructions) or it's too bad. I apply a plug-in, and it gives me a lead-like sound with noise. It seems too bad to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Wow this seems amazing!! Wild to see where this is.. Its at its worst point it will be today!

12. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Why the title says " for Vital"? Does this works only with vital?

13. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Generate presets with the .vital extension

14. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Ah, of course. Sorry. :deep_facepalm:

15. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Does anyone know the tech behind it? How does it guess Vital parameters based on the audio sample that you put in? I guess that the volume envelope can be roughly measured and the outputted as parameter values. Filter can probably be applied based on the measured frequency respinse of the sample. For example: if the sample is dark sounding with lack of high frequencies, thr algo will probably apply a lowpass filter. But how does the algo determine ehich OSC shape to use? And modulation would be even more difficult?

16. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I'm gonna be the "Every party has a pooper, that's why we invited you" dude. To me it's a rather obvious way to dumb musicians down and not to build us up. In the very description of the software it explains that it is just too hard to create your own patches and that now you don't have to even try. Never learn, don't put the time into doing so and just pick out the one that the software spits out that you like the best. It's akin to teaching someone how to cook by just giving them a shaker of salt and instructing them "add to taste" or buying processed crap because it's way easier to just pop something in the oven than to eat well, cooking for yourself and actually ingesting actual nutritious food.

It's not just a tool for human creativity if the one using the tool is really the actual tool, the throwaway labor used to educate AI to do what you should be able to in your creative endeavor. At the pace of change that we are witnessing, sooner than later people will become superfluous, more and more labor will be handed over to AI and who is going to take responsibility for feeding, housing and clothing the excess?

Everyone should have fun with their hobby, no doubt. The thing is, Ai is not a part time pastime but is meant to replace human manpower and all that entails.

The Problem
    Configuring synthesizers is a challenging process.

Even when you know exactly how you want your synth to sound, and even if you have a reference sample, it can take hours of hard work and iteration to tune your synth to sound just right.

The Solution
    MicroMusic does the hard part for you.

You input an audio sample, and it outputs a Vital preset file. It's that simple. Behind the scenes MicroMusic uses state-of-the-art machine learning to find the optimal parameters to create the closest matching preset it can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Of course, what you're saying is true, but they are tools; we can't go against the clock. One can be creative with AI, just as you can be a lazy person who wants AI to do everything for you. You know, in this case, I'm interested in something specific. I have songs from about 15 years ago, and I have no idea what VST I used, let alone the preset. Many times, I've wanted to recreate those songs with that particular sound, and I've searched in various synthesizers, but they only end up being 'similar.' So when I saw this, I thought, great, I'll be able to recreate that sound from years ago. Well, it's a shame because the sound it recreates is a disaster.

18. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Of course there is special need usage as in your case, though maybe recreating a song might serve you better to use the knowledge and musical savvy you've gained over these last 15 years to update it in that way. You could also remaster the song to perhaps "bring it up to date" and perhaps modernize it.

There is hardly anything that we can do to not have AI in our lives anymore, and for sure if we have an online presence some machine learned process will be doing some menial labor from spell checking to helping to put our data into nice like packets for some other's retrieval and monetization. However it isn't now and will not be in the future of trivial importance how it is and will be used for nefarious purpose.

As far as I know, if one took a synthesis class one would learn how to actually create and mimic sounds and not how to drag and drop a sample or sound example into a bit of software to create patches...but that seems to be the direction we're heading. Laziness is being foisted on civilization with no safeguards to reign it in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. tori

tori Platinum Record

Sound designers are artists too... I think?

But this tool looks very handy. I really need to try this, too.

20. juliaprado8801

juliaprado8801 Ultrasonic

why is people so Happy about Cloning things?... Cloning a sound has no creativity.. in fact.. make your own sound is harder to achieve...
    maybe they think it is amazing but it's NOT.. A.i. is pretty boring to me.. nothing special.. it's like HIt 1 keyboard key and you will have a song .. OH WOW ¡ ... lol... oh dear.. anyway.. i think is useless.. A.i. is tHE new FASHION.. oh ¡ A.i. oh WOW ¡ jajajajajaja aburrido.. next.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List