AI And music and future

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kate Middleton, Feb 9, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

I was just thinking about this, without any offense: currently, here in my country (known as a major producer and exporter of televised soap operas), there's a phenomenon where increasingly new actors and actresses seen on TV no longer necessarily come from drama or film schools. Traditional actors are starting to lose ground to digital influencers who are sponsored by brands A, B, (...), Z and who are starting to appear on TV shows, soap operas, and also trying their luck as singers. We're witnessing that classic prediction where, in the future, any idiot could achieve fame and success for at least fifteen minutes (but, unlike what was envisioned by Andy Warhol, some manage much more than that, given the current conditions of temperature and pressure). It may seem funny, but last week, a colleague musician with over 25 years of experience in advertising lost a campaign to a freelancer without any kind of formal training. The detail is that the freelancer won the campaign because he created a "ridiculously funny song" (with the help of AI) charging less than half the market price. For this colleague of mine, this current trend is definitely not exactly a reason to laugh or celebrate. Anyway, life goes on.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Well... I'll keep it as brief as possible. The digital sampler was invented in the late 60s. It took many years to find a release as a commercial product and even more for peeps to find out how they would use it properly and i don't mean the old sampled vocal runs of the 80s that sounded like the smurfs lol. It is perhaps sheer chance that it was around the same era when samplers arrived commercially that hiphop/rap started rising. They were both accused of fallacy, fraud, theft and many more. A little time forward and the same accusations happened for people who used sample libraries. And now AI is a thing happening in all forms and functions and we are yet getting another wave of the same.
    Fucking get on with it, it's here to stay mates. To me, it's just another idea companion. It can imitate everything and everyone on the planet but since it's not human it will always be flawed just by being a robot.
    If there is one problem with AI, it's not the robot itself. It's the "more money" mentality of the people behind each major AI. And they will suck dry every penny that's coming to them anyway they can. So it's my humble opinion, we should leave AI where it's at and focus at the people behind each engine. It should matter much more on who's controlling the artificial entities instead of the latter existing in the first place.
    Y'all be well

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. muse2love

muse2love Producer

4. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

5. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

6. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

which more and more becomes "no education dont want to be 7-5 awful job slave ,get money quick and spend it for shit even quicker"...i mean when i think about the kommerz musicians of the 90ies and 2000 yet they did know to live and whats important in life .nowadays they live in completly white wall flat with zero individuality no warmth ,no style but with huge screen and couch eating cheap shit while define themselfs by materiliasm while coming along as dumbest
    newly rich people .
    couldnt agree more its not the the tool its the user but i fear this ai thing will get much more complex and deep deep engineering human shizzle ....and i mean musicwise .

7. lordradish

lordradish Kapellmeister

I'm just gonna keep doing what I do. A lot of AI is just doing mainstream pop garbage that's just as shitty as the real deal. Of course, it makes ambient stuff easily, too. I think there are always going to be people who want real music. The problem is how many people are going to be passing AI off as their own.

I listened to a podcast with an AI expert. He says the way it will likely play out is, because there's already so much info on what everyone likes, what their moods are and all of that other shit, eventually you'll have a service that just creates new music custom tailored to your tastes and particular mood. I do think you will have a fair amount of people eventually who don't associate music as a human creation anymore.

8. lordradish

lordradish Kapellmeister

You're gonna have AI generated punk rock too, with videos of an AI created band.

9. lordradish

lordradish Kapellmeister

Hard to take you seriously.

10. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I wanted to note. Humans make horrible music/art too. Just because a human spent X amount of hours crafting the art doesn't mean its "good" to everyone.

If you use a VST, Preset, AI, a vintage tape machine, Guitar, An entire orchestra to create the art doesn't matter. Your taste and fulfillment you get from the creation can be enough to be satisfied.

11. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

are you sure your definition of scam in this case is the same he had and do you think you have all information about mentioned topics and stuff connected to ? i think not .

12. Colin

Colin Producer

I doubt very much that AI will impact on 99.9999% of people who make music.

If you are professional, and make your living from music, then it will have an impact.

If you love making music for the sake of making music, then it probably won't.

13. Shiori Oishi

Shiori Oishi Kapellmeister

In the past, good produce was for the rich, and the poor would eat snails and sweetbread. Agricultural technology made everything accessible for everyone, and the rich decided to have low tech ('organic') food. ;)

14. Shiori Oishi

Shiori Oishi Kapellmeister

At this point, it's not even about 'progress', 'success' or 'making life easier' anymore. Trans-humanism is anti-humanism.

15. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

No, it's not our brains which work like a very complex computer. Vice versa. Computers are similar to human brain which is way more complex than any computer.

We don't understand how our brain works but we clearly understand how computers work. As we created them. From scratch. From garbage, from inanimate materials.

Brain was and is a model for computers. Computers aren't a model for brains. Brains create something including computers, computers by themselves create nothing.

And don't talk me "this is just ego", please. It's not ego. It's logics.

16. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. DJ PUKKA

DJ PUKKA Member

18. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

What do I care?...... I'm probably dead within the next 20 years anyway!

AI is (in a creative context) IMO an antisocial idea created by people who are already so damn rich it's a disgrace and at the same time have chosen to develop a technology that will probably make a large part of the next creative generation more or less unemployed - in worst case.

Only hope for the future is (perhaps) that people who care about music, literature, film, visual arts, etc. choose the real thing instead of AI generated "creations"..... but I'm probably so cynical by now that I don't really think it's a realistic scenario, if I'm honest.

On a personal level, AI will probably primarily appeal to the lazy dogs who hate having to develop their skills because it requires time and the desire to learn new things - good for them. In the big picture, it may turn out to be a disaster.

My 50 cents on a rainy day.

Cheers

19. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

This is a defect of our small memory rather than a defect of songs.

20. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

he meant 3 million out of billions:mad: