After reading this, you'd find out that what you do in music production is legitimate.

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Dec 27, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

This is a brief history of Jazz taking you through all the alterations and modifications been piloted by different people sometimes with totally different approaches:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz

Nothing wrong with anything especially those white and black keys.:winker:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. spyfx

spyfx Guest

i agree foster nothing wrong :bow:...also don't forget the silence between the notes...music is also the silence between the notes :wink: :bow:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. foster911

foster911 Guest

The language of whatever music (@MMJ2017 's favorite term:bleh:) isn't like a formal language that everyone has to know about. It's a bunch of informal idioms, slang, phrases, etc (without any rule) that just dear @Herr Durr understands them.:bleh::hug:

Anyway I didn't create this thread to talk about the music theory but the broader spectrum of music, whatever we do from the get-go of the production till the end about our inspirations, cultures, preferences, audiences, market, trends, ... .

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. spyfx

spyfx Guest

some thoughts i would like to share with you my friend foster :bow: :
    Music is a universal language & unites people from around the world.
    We are gifted spirits from the kosmos or cosmos to listen to it,feel it & create it.
    To me if the soul/presence/spirit that exists in the temple of our body has "wings" one would be music & the other love.
    At the end all is good,enjoy making music & have fun. :keys::keys::keys: :bow:

6. spyfx

spyfx Guest

there are many spectrums in nature :
    spectrum of love,
    spectrum of sound/tones/frequencies,
    spectrum of color,
    spectrum of emotions,
    spectrum of desires,
    spectrum of intelligence,
    spectrum of imagination,
    spectrum of insights
    :bow:

7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

good one m8... I understand a lot of crap that probably isn't necessary, and would be totally irrelevant to you ..
    however, music has been around much longer than notation, and music theory... same as language was around
    for how many thousands of years before writing..

all the stuff you delve into is useful in some application, but when you make pronouncements such as

"After reading this, you'd find out... " you are really being presumptuous, with little justification
    other than you read it from some self appointed educated fop or other...

Theory is a toolkit, that some people use...and some don't, well maybe not consciously, they just feel what's right
    for their composition. Notation is great for things like symphonies, where there must be agreement on what to do
    and when to do it... for a laptop producer or a guy in a band with a guitar.. they can create things without
    the formality, and some of the apex musical artists of all time.. could NOT read music...

your real talent is on display yet again @foster911, keep reelin' them in, in 2018... :wink:

signed,

your dear H. Durr

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. foster911

foster911 Guest

This music has all of them imho::bow:
    Artist Bio:
    Born in Athens, Greece on 8.5.1981, I started playing the guitar at the age of 7.
    I have studied classical guitar with E. Assimakopoulos and Bessy Diagoma at Nakkas music school in Athens. I also studied electric guitar with Y.Samaras, T. Ziras and G. Krommydas and also music theory and classical and jazz harmony.
    Now I live in Paris, France where I continue my studies in jazz improvisation at "Swing Romane Academie" with Romane, D. J. Martin and Boulou Ferre
    I love metal, jazz and classical music and I really think that there should be no boundaries in inspiration and music performance.

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

I love whatever you write down in this forum. You're a real genius.:hug::hug::hug:

10. spyfx

spyfx Guest

i've been there so many times in the past,it is also a music store/music retailer of Yamaha :yes:
    i love jazz music,you can find freedom in it :keys:

*about spectrums,there are more even invisible ones(i know i'm going deep here)that human beings are not able to perceive/understand........yet :wink:

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

I love it too but just its atmosphere, texture and instruments' sounds not improvisation (the major component). If I couldn't follow the melody or find a pattern, will be lost in it.:bleh:
    Sth like this one:

12. spyfx

spyfx Guest

nice my friend really nice :bow:
    if you like jazz music,listen to Blue note records.

Also listen to this man :yes::yes::yes::yes: Olymoon introduced me to this & i feel it is Amazing :bow: :

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

Watched it already bro. Really amazing. Reminds me of the cover of this book even with the same pants::winker:

Women's Road to Rock Guitar.jpg

14. spyfx

spyfx Guest

15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@foster911 after reading this... etc. etc...

since you like to peruse wiki's for info.. this might take too long for a short attention span ,
    but it's well worth it as a foray into pop/rock music philosophy

Peter Buck has the honor of this music writer having referred to him as a "rotten cocksucker"
    hope that gives you a warm glow of what's in store....

Bangs_Psychotic.jpg

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

this great jazz
    you can follow real well and has bright uplifting powerful feeling

see what you think foster911
    [​IMG]

my fav Louis Armstrong song(written by joe oliver) , simply amazing

awesome melodies and harmony
    it was made June 28, 1928.
    here is how to play it (chords and demo

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017